Who is the smartest member of Kjell Magne Bondevik's Cabinet?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, Kjell Magne Bondevik, former Prime Minister of Norway, visits Washington and discusses the intelligence of government officials with former US President Bill Clinton. Clinton reveals that all his cabinet members have to pass special tests to become a minister. Madeleine Albright impresses them with her answer to a riddle about family relationships. Back in Norway, Bondevik tests his own cabinet member Lars Sponheim with the same riddle but he is unable to answer. Sponheim turns to Gudmund Restad for help, who gives the correct answer, but Sponheim mistakenly thinks it is himself. Bondevik ultimately reveals that the correct answer is actually Albright, not Restad.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Brainiacs from Oslo ??

Kjell Magne Bondevik goes to Washington for a meeting with Bill Clinton.
After dinner, Bill says to Kjell " Well Kjell, I don't know what you think of the members of your Cabinet, but mine are all bright and brilliant."
"How do you know?" asks Kjell Magne.
"Oh well, it's simple", says Bill. "They all have to take special tests before they can be a minister. Wait a second". He calls Madeleine Albright over and says to her "Tell me Madeleine, who is the child of your father and of your mother who is not your brother and is not your sister?"
Ah, that's simple Mr. President", says Madeleine, "it is me!"
"Well done Madeleine," says Clinton and Kjell Magne Bondevik is very impressed.

Kjell Magne Bondevik returns to Oslo and wonders about the intelligence of the members of his Cabinet. He calls in Lars Sponheim and says: "Lars, tell me, who is the child of your father and of your mother who is not your brother and is not your sister?"
Lars thinks and thinks and doesn't know the answer. "Can I think about it a bit further Kjell ? May I let you know tomorrow?"
"Of course," says Bondevik, "you've got 24 hours."
Lars Sponheim goes away, thinks as hard as he can, calls in his team, but no-one knows the answer. 20 hours later, Lars is very worried - still no answer and only 4 hours to go. Eventually Lars Sponheim says "I'll ask Gudmund Restad, he's clever, he'll know the answer." He calls Restad.
"Gudmund," he says, "tell me who is the child of your father and of your mother who is not your brother and is not your sister?"
"Very simple", says Gudmund, "it's me!"
"Of course" says Lars and calls Kjell Magne Bondevik.
"Kjell Magne", says Lars, "I've got the answer: it's Gudmund Restad".
"No you idiot", says Bondevik, "it's Madeleine Albright

Physics news on Phys.org
Groan...

Kjell Magne Bondevik is a horror. Fortunately, he's out of politics for good now. Unfortunately Dagfinn Høybråten is even worse..:grumpy:

1. Who are the "Brainiacs from Oslo"?

The "Brainiacs from Oslo" are a group of highly intelligent individuals from Oslo, Norway who are passionate about science and research.

2. What type of research do the "Brainiacs from Oslo" conduct?

The "Brainiacs from Oslo" conduct a wide range of research in various fields such as neuroscience, biotechnology, environmental science, and more.

3. How did the "Brainiacs from Oslo" come together?

The "Brainiacs from Oslo" initially met at a scientific conference in Oslo and realized they shared a similar interest in pushing the boundaries of knowledge. They decided to form a group to collaborate and support each other's research.

4. What are some notable achievements of the "Brainiacs from Oslo"?

The "Brainiacs from Oslo" have made significant contributions to the scientific community, including groundbreaking discoveries in the understanding of the brain, advancements in renewable energy technology, and innovative solutions for environmental sustainability.

5. How can I get involved with the "Brainiacs from Oslo"?

If you are interested in joining the "Brainiacs from Oslo" or collaborating with them on a research project, you can reach out to them through their website or social media platforms. They are always open to new ideas and collaborations with fellow scientists.