Register to reply

Breaking superconducting state

by cragar
Tags: state, superconducting
Share this thread:
cragar
Jul17-14, 04:08 AM
P: 2,466
When the B field gets too high it breaks the superconducting state. And then the B field can exist inside the conductor. When the field increases to point where it breaks the state is this because the cooper pairs flowing near the surface experience a force on their spin and then break them apart.
The force would break them apart because the spins are opposite on the electrons in the cooper pairs. If it breaks the cooper pairs at the surface does it just do this layer by layer until the state is broken? Im talking about an external B field acting on the superconductor.
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Researchers demonstrate ultra low-field nuclear magnetic resonance using Earth's magnetic field
Bubbling down: Discovery suggests surprising uses for common bubbles
New non-metallic metamaterial enables team to 'compress' and contain light
Greg Bernhardt
Jul20-14, 10:35 PM
Admin
P: 9,467
I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?
cragar
Jul21-14, 12:15 AM
P: 2,466
I didn't think that my question was that difficult, I guess I can start looking at papers about superconductors relating to this topic.

DrDu
Jul21-14, 03:12 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 3,593
Breaking superconducting state

Spin polarization is certainly important although there are also orbital magnetic momenta involved.
I think this layer by layer mechanism is only effective in type 1 superconductors. In type 2 conductors, more and more field tubes form inside the superconductor.

Register to reply