SAW 2 : Mega Box Office Success ?

• Thread starter marlon
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Box
In summary: Saw 2: Mega Box Office Success?!There is something "wrong" with the SAW 2 movie, as all seats have already been sold out for the past three evenings. Despite this, many people are still trying to get tickets, presumably because they enjoyed the first movie. Judging by the comments, it seems that not many people liked the sequel. The only thing that is left to enjoy is the violence and torture.
marlon
SAW 2 : Mega Box Office Success ?!

What's "wrong" with SAW 2 ? For the past three evenings i was trying to get a ticket for this motion picture but all seats have already been sold out. The only time that happened in the past was with the Lord of the rings movies, the Starwars movies, The director's cut of the Exorcist. I really enjoyed the first SAW movie. It was easier to get a ticket then because it was not yet very well known. But nowadays, it is a real living hell to get in for the second one.

Did anyone see it ? Did you like it ? I hear it is one of those rare sequels that is as good as the first movie.

Anyhow, wish me luck for tonight, because i will be trying again to acquire three tickets...
If i don't get them tonight, well, then OOHH YES THERE WILL BE BLOOD !
regards
marlon

Physics news on Phys.org
A movie about a SAW??

Haven't heard about it, won't rent it, and I'm certainly not going to see a follow-up movie about the new adventures of an agricultural tool. :grumpy:

Last edited:
<sigh>

Err, why did i ever start this thread?

I finally got my tickets, that's all that matters.

I am out of here

Bye

marlon

cronxeh said:
Hype. Movie = Lame.
Ok, is this your opinion or did you just copy it somewhere ? Did you actually see the movie ?

Just wondering.

Moviegoers = mindless drones.
I don't understand this comment. What does it mean ? How did you (or your source) judge "these moviegoers" ?

regards
marlon

arildno said:
A movie about a SAW??

:rofl:

Err, the movie is more about why one needs the saw or why the saw is even part of the story. Actually, the script behind the first SAW movie was quite original, IMO

marlon

marlon said:
Ok, is this your opinion or did you just copy it somewhere ? Did you actually see the movie ?
Just wondering.
I don't understand this comment. What does it mean ? How did you (or your source) judge "these moviegoers" ?
regards
marlon

What kind of a sick and twisted pathetic loser will want to see a movie that promotes violence in a form of torture? I could probably use more colorful words but here in US the first amendment allows all kinds of garbage

cronxeh said:
What kind of a sick and twisted pathetic loser will want to see a movie that promotes violence in a form of torture? I could probably use more colorful words but here in US the first amendment allows all kinds of garbage
:rofl: :rolleyes: :rofl:

Clearly we can just disregard your posts in this thread since you do not know what you are talking about.

Thanks for the clarification

regards
marlon

marlon said:
:rofl: :rolleyes: :rofl:
Clearly we can just disregard your posts in this thread since you do not know what you are talking about.
Thanks for the clarification
regards
marlon

Well I had to watch the trailer for both of those lame movies, and I'm convienced that only losers will want to see it.

cronxeh said:
Well I had to watch the trailer for both of those lame movies, and I'm convienced that only losers will want to see it.

That's like judging a book by it's cover, my dear friend.

A trailer is not a representative parameter to judge an entire movie.

marlon

edit : do please refrain from calling names. It's a pittyful manifestation of immature behaviour.

Last edited:
marlon said:
That's like judging a book by it's cover, my dear friend.
A trailer is not a representative parameter to judge an entire movie.
marlon
edit : do please refrain from calling names. It's a pittyful manifestation of immature behaviour.

marlon are you on drugs? this movie is the epitome of mindless violence and torture wrapped in action-style script. anybody who remotely enjoys those kinds of movies is DUMB

i saw the first movie after much coaxing by a friend. i absolutely hated it, and i think its disgusting that anyone would consider that entertainment. what sort of sick society do we live in when the entire film had NO purpose but to show the mutilation of bodies, and the belittlement of human compassion!? its disgusting. there is no underlying moral story, the ONLY appeal is gore and the twisted pleasures of torture.

aside from my profound sadness and loss of faith in human nature because of such disgusting films being successful and enjoyed by people, I'm alarmed that there was a sequel, which as far as I've heard, has even LESS plot line than the orginal. the only way in which the second movie compares to the first is strictly in aspects of violence and torture.

the friend who forced me to see the first SAW loved it, and he went and saw the second and said it sucked. I hated the first, and no one could ever convince me to see the second.

cronxeh said:
anybody who remotely enjoys those kinds of movies is DUMB
Isn't human intellgence a bit too complex for it to be judged based upon one single parameter ?

marlon

may i ask, why did you enjoy these movies?

Gale said:
what sort of sick society do we live in when the entire film had NO purpose but to show the mutilation of bodies, and the belittlement of human compassion!?

:rofl:

Relax, it's just a movie.

there is no underlying moral story,
Don't you know the very reason why the Jiggsaw organized his "riddles" ? I do have to pay attention, Gale.

the friend who forced me to see the first SAW loved it

How can you call somebody that forces you to go see a movie a friend ? I think there is something wrong with your morals here.

Gale, even a third SAW movie is being planned.

YEAH

regards
marlon

he insisted i'd enjoy it... he however didn't realize that i have an appreciation for human life and dignity...

..he appologized..

and yeah? why did he organize his riddles? sure.. he helped that poor girl.. yeah, what a great guy! no, he just picked f-ed up people to begin with, there's no good intent, just the desire to mutilate and torture to someone to the most extreme. the killer was just a sadist with sick intentions of testing human character in his perverse situations.

I don't care that its just a movie.. Its ENTERTAINMENT! the movie in itself is excusable in that no one is actually killed or hurt, the most sickening aspect is the fact that the movie is appreciated and actually enjoyed at all. people WANT to watch people killed and tortured, that's disusting. even its fantasy, when you're involved in a movie you feel things, and you feel pleasure watching those bodies be mutilated. that's absolutely disgusting.

Gale said:
may i ask, why did you enjoy these movies?

Finally a good question.

I really liked the first SAW movie because it contained an original underlying script. I am talking about the fact that the Jiggsaw is not an actual murderer because technically he did not kill any of the victims in the first movie. His victims were placed into a sitiuation that threatened their life. They have a chance to escape but while doing so, they get lethally harmed and die.

I also liked the tension in this movie. Especially the scene where the photographer-guy uses his flash to see what is happening in his own appartement. You cannot deny that certain scenes, like the one i just mentioned, were set up in a very original and ingenious manner.

What i also liked was the actual climax of the movie and the fact that the Jiggsaw was the dead body in between the surgeon and the photographer. The moment he wakes up, well, that's just a memorable pice of theatrical art. I mean, the lightning in that scene, the position of the camera (filming "top down"), the music and the lines that were spoken (revealling how the two captured guys could just have escaped from the room, IF, they had founf the key in the bath tub).

Great work (apart from the acting, i must admit)...

marlon

Gale said:
and yeah? why did he organize his riddles?
I am sorry but clearly you did not get the point of the entire movie. Typical :rolleyes:

The reason is that healthy people always take life for granted and mock other that are not that fortunated. The main killer was a patient of Dr Gordan, you know...

sure.. he helped that poor girl.. yeah

No, he made her realize something...LIFE IS PRECIOUS...Embrace it...

This movie promotes the "respect life"-principle.

marlon

marlon said:
I am talking about the fact that the Jiggsaw is not an actual murderer because technically he did not kill any of the victims in the first movie.

Oh well then Hitler was pretty entertaining to you too, huh?

the movie definately does not encourage the "respect life" principle. i would agree that the directing of the film had some technical aspects that were interesting, but aside from a few scenes the film had little else to offer.

And for that girl, no he did not make her realized life is precious. He showed her how invaluable another person's life was to her. she was so selfish and consumed by fear that she killed someone else to save herself. she was disgusting. and that was the killers sick joke. that faced with a moral decision, the girl chose to save herself, and to live out the rest of her sick miserable life, instead of giving a chance to a stranger with a life possibly more worth living. He showed how petty human character really is. That girl could never live a normal happy life. The killer showed that he could ruin her life without even killing her. And you, you got to witness how disgusting a person can be, how selfish, how someone already so lowly can sink lower. Nice lesson...

YOU clearly did not get the point of the movie. Typical.

But oh, the cleverness.. yes of course. we can forgive all the horrible tortures because he never ACTUALLY killed anyone. what a smart guy. Oh, and yes, his victims could have escaped... just like the girl... and they could have gone and lived with the sick consequences of their freedom. What a grand hero...

The movie is downright sick. period. and the only thing more sickening is the enjoyment of it.

Gale said:
she was so selfish and consumed by fear that she killed someone else to save herself.
No, she killed someone else to save her own life. When placed in that situation both you and i would do the same. I do not believe that you would be sitting there contemplating on how maybe the other guy's life could be more worthy than yours. I don't even see how one can say that in any situation ?

the girl chose to save herself,
Ofcourse, as we all would do. That's the point. It clearly demonstrates that all these "moral principles" you like to refer to are very superficial and relative. Such morals are a luxury product for people that live in societies which are not afflicted by war or other tragidies. THAT IS THE POINT.

and to live out the rest of her sick miserable life,
Gale, you cannot judge onto another person's life like that.
It's thinking in that fashion that creates dictators, wars and messed up violent societies. Learn your history, please...

instead of giving a chance to a stranger with a life possibly more worth living.
You really cannot say this for you do not know it.
The movie is downright sick. period. and the only thing more sickening is the enjoyment of it.

Hiha, within 1 hour 30 minutes i will be enjoying part 2 in the theater.

regards
marlon

yomamma said:
you guys can start whining about this now:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0489270/

Is this supposed to be "original" ?

Ehh, it's being done...:zzz:

marlon

Horror movies rule. I've never seen the Saw movies, but they look like pretty standard fare. I think horror movie fans are a lot like thrill-seekers -- they want to be shocked and stimulated by the unconventional. That doesn't mean they want to act these things out or see them happen in real life.

Don't let me persuade the nay-sayers, however. If it weren't for the large fraction of the population that was appalled by the movies, there would be no fun to be had. :devil:

Saw is a very unimaginative rip-off of seven: the serial killer who rationalized his murders with the facade of a high moral ground. The "lesson" of the film, if there is one, is that sick and demented people can always twist some kind of ethics or morals to justify their atrocities in their own mind.

I saw the two kids responsible for Saw interviewed on TV and it's clear they were completely insensible to the reality of any of these kinds of murders. To them it is just a game to think up the next best plot twist.

zoobyshoe said:
Saw is a very unimaginative rip-off of seven

Seven was truly awesome. Never before have I so hated the antagonist at the end of a movie. Yet another reason why Kevin Spacey is my favorite actor.

SpaceTiger said:
Seven was truly awesome. Never before have I so hated the antagonist at the end of a movie. Yet another reason why Kevin Spacey is my favorite actor.
That was a good movie, but only because the audience is firmly rooting for the character Morgan Freeman played. Kevin Spacey is definitely the evil monster. (And he is a great actor, excellent both at playing villains and protagonists. He was wonderful in American Beauty.)

it's Se7en. ;)

Im convinced.. Seems like there is a lot of abbrasion towards this movie.. Think Ill get some tickets :-)

Se7en was an amazing flick, very provocative.. I love being provocted..

Anttech said:
I love being provocted..
Just get tribdog's attention, then.

thought provocation... not slander :tongue2:

Anttech said:
Im convinced.. Seems like there is a lot of abbrasion towards this movie.. Think Ill get some tickets :-)

Se7en was an amazing flick, very provocative.. I love being provocted..

Just saw part two...I loooved it...It was again a very original script. The only thing that bothered me a bit was the fact it was not bloody enough for me. I would have liked it to be a bit more DIRECT in the violence.

Se7en rules indeed. SAW has nothing to do with this masterpiece.

Go get your tickets man...

HORRER RULES...

marlon

SpaceTiger said:
Horror movies rule.

IT SURE DOES

I've never seen the Saw movies, but they look like pretty standard fare.
That is indeed true.

regards
marlon

zoobyshoe said:
Just get tribdog's attention, then.
tribdog ? pfff, yeah right...

What kind of interesting stuff did he ever say on this forum ?

He can come over here and provoque me...

marlon

marlon said:
The only thing that bothered me a bit was the fact it was not bloody enough for me.
I heard that there's a pic online of Michael after the venus flytrap was taken off:wink: