Predicting Phenomenon? Unlock Your Inner Psychic!

• Thread starter Viper
  • Start date
In summary: These sorts of things are really difficult to evaluate. The reason is that so much information is conveyed between people by body language and facial expressions, in addition to the familiarity two friends have by experience, the context of a conversation, and the common interests of everyone present. So many things can conspire to give one little clues and ideas that we can't know the source of most things that we pick up. We may even detect each other's pheromones and read chemical information about each other, without our having any awareness of this information input.But, sometimes these things are not the likely source of seemingly amazing coincidences. For example, without any apparent motivation, an old friend calls on the
Viper
This is quite hard to explain but here goes,
Have you ever like, predicting that something was going to happen, or dreamed about something that has actually come true, or had a guess at something that you have predicted to a great way of accuracy?

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Viper
This is quite hard to explain but here goes,
Have you ever like, predicting that something was going to happen, or dreamed about something that has actually come true, or had a guess at something that you have predicted to a great way of accuracy?

Do you mean precognition, to think of or see something happening before it happens, and to then realize that it did, or do you mean to actually predict something, where you have belief that it really will happen and you know it?

What did you experience?

Yes, most call it intuition or a "hunch". I tend to think of it as an extension of the scientific process. We observe, based on our observations, we form a theory, the theory leads to an hypothesis (which is a prediction). When we are not consciously aware of this process, the answer just seem to come to us "as if by Magic".

At least, that's what I think is going on in those occasions.

Last edited:
Originally posted by LURCH
Yes, most call it intuition or a "hunch". I tend to think of it as an extension of the scientific process. We observe, based on our observations, we form a theory, the theory leads to an hypothesis (which is a prediction). When we are not consciously aware of this process, the answer just seem to come to us "as it by Magic".

At least, that's what I think is going on in those occasions.

I knew you were going to say that!

Oh god

You have summed it up pretty well there but there are sometimes when it seems so impossible for it to be a hunch

...but there are sometimes when it seems so impossible for it to be a hunch

I agree. Many people will tell you this is simply a matter of the odds. I have played around with estimating the odds for some events. Some things are nearly impossible to evaluate, and for others, the odds do seem possible to estimate to an acceptable degree of certainty. I think some coincidences are simply too coincidental and they happen too frequently.

What have you noticed that got your interest? [?]

Write down every hunch you have and keep score of hits/misses. When left to memory, most people only remember the "hits" (or the hits stand out the most in their minds), so they start thinking they're psychic.

Predicting time when there is no watches about until I have guessed, predicting what people are thinking, saying things people are thinking, It only happens the odd time but it is really strange

Originally posted by Phobos
Write down every hunch you have and keep score of hits/misses. When left to memory, most people only remember the "hits" (or the hits stand out the most in their minds), so they start thinking they're psychic.

I completely agree with your point.

Predicting time when there is no watches about until I have guessed, predicting what people are thinking, saying things people are thinking, It only happens the odd time but it is really strange

These sorts of things are really difficult to evaluate. The reason is that so much information is conveyed between people by body language and facial expressions, in addition to the familiarity two friends have by experience, the context of a conversation, and the common interests of everyone present. So many things can conspire to give one little clues and ideas that we can't know the source of most things that we pick up. We may even detect each other's pheromones and read chemical information about each other, without our having any awareness of this information input.

But, sometimes these things are not the likely source of seemingly amazing coincidences. For example, without any apparent motivation, an old friend calls on the telephone just after you thought about them for the first time in many years. Something like this is a little more compelling. Unfortunately, even if you are a psychic, information about the people around bombards us constantly, making it very difficult to identify any genuine phenomenon.

Of course, it is possible we give our perceptions credit where ESP is really the mechanism. For example, even if I am reading your mind and sense that you had no sleep last night, I can also see that you look tired.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
We may even detect each other's pheromones and read chemical information about each other, without our having any awareness of this information input.

This may be an example one legitimate mechanism for ESP phenomenon. For years people have called ESP a sixth sense; the scientist said "bologna". Then the scientist say, oh, here is an organ, possibly a sixth sense, that may read chemical information about the people around us; about which we are completely unaware. But there is nothing supernatural about this. This is just chemistry!

THAT'S THE POINT.

As soon as we can offer an explanation for something, by definition it is no longer supernatural; therefore the supernatural does not exist. Even if we don’t know what we mean by the explanation, say for example if we use entanglement as an explanation, we say that “this concept lies within the bounds of acceptable thinking”. IMHO, this reflexive process of definition impedes the honest inquiry of genuine phenomenon.

Predicting time when there [are] no watches

This is a common claim. Many people will tell you that they can “program” themselves to wake up at a certain time; anytime. I have done a great deal of field work with wild hours, and long, long days. This claim seems to be true. Also, I had a period of about two years during which, on perhaps 50 to 75 occasions, I woke up at and looked at the clock at 3:30 A.M. exactly [no second hand]. Considering that I live 7 miles from the nearest town, and over half a mile from the nearest road, and considering that we moved to another home [for a couple of years] during this time, and that this pattern then continued, external explanations grow thin. I have no idea what was special about 3:30 AM PST in the years 1998 and 1999. I even tried running all of the clocks past 3:30 a couple of time to check for some periodic noise. The problem eventually just went away. Don't know...maybe it was the coffee pot or some silly thing.

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
This is a common claim. Many people will tell you that they can “program” themselves to wake up at a certain time; anytime.

Now here is my wild supernatural theory. This is the only way that I could explain my own experience: At times, we sleep with our eyes partially open; perhaps waking briefly and not realizing it. If we have a clock next to the bed, subconsciously we get the information and can respond. Perhaps highly disciplined people can actually watch the clock in their sleep.

That was interesting what you posted Ivan. I've had a lift time of seeing future events. Just about everything, wide range of things. The post after Ivan's stated something about reading other peoples expressions and body laug. If your good at reading people then yes you could inturbit a lot of things about them. The question I got is that I've seen people in my dreams I've never seen before and see future events that happen to them. That makes you wonder how the unconsenices mind can see those things.

This is a common claim. Many people will tell you that they can “program” themselves to wake up at a certain time; anytime.

I can do this pretty well, I think the human brain has evolved in such a way that it is very good at estimating things, some think consciousness arises out of a very good estimation of the world around us. I would suggest reading Richard Dawkins popular science books on evolution they deal with all this kind of stuff in great detail (most interesting book's I have ever read, they should be made compulsory reading in schools).

I can`t stress how eird it is though

Your post reminded me of a bizarre thing that happened to me while attending a graduate school in the USA to become a high school math teacher. To cover some of my expenses and to pay for my school I was also used to do substitute teaching on the side.

Once I dreamed that I was driving in a long road but I could not find my way around so I stopped at a store along the road to ask for direction. In the store there was this girl at the counter whose upper lips was missing and she gave me an address after confirming it with a large guy with red beards making some coffees. At this time the girl gave me a free coffee and in my dream I headed toward an old building with the name of a school stone grafted on it.

When I arrived there a blond middle-aged woman told me to go to my right two doors down the hall. So when I arrived to this destination I saw many teachers were standing around and one of the teachers showed me a small little boy with red marks on his hand and told me to look out for him.

Days later I almost forgot the whole dream episode and I just took it as a bizarre hallucination. Almost a week later, I received a call from the agency informing me that they had a substitute-teaching job for me in an Illinois suburban school, and the agency gave me the address and the direction in how to get there. When I arrived to the suburb I found myself in a long wounding road and the school was nowhere to be found. So after going up and down for some time without any success, I decided to stop in one of the store along the road.

When I entered inside a random store, I saw behind the counter a girl who had a deep cut over her upper lips. I showed her the address and the girl after confirming with a hugely large man with red beard whose job was making the coffees, established that the name of the street that I had as an address was an older name and the name of the street now had changed to something else. Before leaving the store, the girl generously offered me a free cup of coffee.

When I arrived at the old school, which had its name stone grafted on its front wall, I went to the principal office to report my presence. In there a blond middle aged woman told me to go to my right two doors down the hall. Of course she directed me toward the teacher’s launch where many teachers were standing around and the teacher that I was going to substitute for, gave me a list-names of helpful and troubled kids. She especially showed me a name and asked me to watch out for him since he was the most troublemaker of the rest.

You guest it the troubled boy was the same boy with red marks on his hands that I had dreamed before. I still have not figured out what to call this bizarre experience.:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was sat in Tesco (a shop I work in.) and I was thinking of my old teachers from 6 years ago at primary school. I was thinking, god I haven`t seen Mrs Briggs for years, she went to Canada when I left primary. About an hour later she walked in, she got back yesterday, I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!

What are the chances?

Troth's elaborate dream which later came true would have to be a very slim of being coincidence. So, how much could be considered coincidence and how much not? There are some who believe coincidences do not exist.

I'm sure we've all experienced something like this. I for one have experienced situations similar to Viper's in which he thought of someone and that person suddenly appears. May be something else triggered it. May be a subconscious scent in the air reminded Viper of Mrs. Biggs and then stragely enough she appears. Or maybe he simply experienced a precognitive event.

I'm open to the possibility of precognition. I've heard too many stories that seem to suggest it exist. For example, how many of you have either dream of someone saying good-bye and then discovering they died when you woke up or sometime shortly after you woke up? Do you know someone who's received such a message. Some think this is precognition others associate it with being visited by the departing spirit. You be the judge. Nevertheless, I have heard this story from many different people and I'm beginning to wonder whether coincidence truly occurs?

1. How can I unlock my inner psychic abilities?

Unlocking your inner psychic abilities requires a combination of self-discovery, meditation, and practice. Explore your interests and intuition, and try different techniques such as tarot readings, aura readings, and dream analysis to tap into your psychic potential. Regular meditation can also help you tune in to your inner psychic abilities.

2. Is predicting phenomenon a real scientific concept?

While predicting phenomenon may seem like a mystical or supernatural concept, it is actually based on scientific principles such as energy fields, quantum mechanics, and the interconnectedness of the universe. Many scientific studies have also shown evidence of psychic abilities and the ability to predict future events.

3. Can anyone become a psychic and predict phenomenon?

Yes, anyone has the potential to develop their psychic abilities and predict phenomenon. Some individuals may have a natural inclination towards psychic abilities, but with dedication and practice, anyone can hone their skills and unlock their inner psychic potential.

4. How accurate are predictions made by psychics?

The accuracy of predictions made by psychics can vary. Some individuals may have a higher success rate than others, and accuracy can also depend on the methods used. It is important to remember that the future is not set in stone and can be influenced by many factors, so predictions may not always be 100% accurate.

5. Can predicting phenomenon be used for practical purposes?

Yes, predicting phenomenon can be used for practical purposes such as making important life decisions, understanding relationships, and gaining insight into future events. However, it is important to use this ability responsibly and ethically, and not rely solely on predictions for major decisions.