Tangential force unit conversion

In summary, the conversation discusses the conversion of Newtons to Pascals and the use of calculus in finding the force exerted by a gas on a solid object. The conversion between the two units is based on the SI derived unit, which is derived from the base units of Newton and meter. The calculus remains the same regardless of the type of object.
Crazymechanic
Hi , if we have a rotating centrifuge at rpm "a" and we have the radius "b" of the centrifuge and then at the side i have a metal ball that weight's "c" I take the formula which you suggested me here F=ma where a=v2/r and out of that I get Newtons, how do i convert them to like pascals? Because i read that somewhere they use Newtons/square meter somewhere Newtons/square millimeter and that confuses me.

And would the calculus be different if i wanted to find out how much force on the side is exerted by a gas let's say than a solid like in this case a solid object?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Crazymechanic! :smile:
Crazymechanic said:
… I get Newtons, how do i convert them to like pascals? Because i read that somewhere they use Newtons/square meter somewhere Newtons/square millimeter and that confuses me.

A Pascal is a Newton per square metre …

it's the SI unit "derived" from the base units of Newton and metre, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SI_derived_unit :wink:
And would the calculus be different if i wanted to find out how much force on the side is exerted by a gas let's say than a solid like in this case a solid object?

Exactly the same. :smile:

Thanks Tim:)

1. What is a tangential force unit conversion?

A tangential force unit conversion is the process of converting the measurement of tangential force from one unit of measurement to another. This is often necessary when working with different systems of measurement or when comparing data from different sources.

2. Why is it important to convert tangential force units?

Converting tangential force units is important because it allows for consistency and accuracy when working with data. Different units of measurement can lead to confusion and errors, so converting to a single unit can help ensure that all data is being compared and analyzed correctly.

3. What are the most commonly used units for tangential force?

The most commonly used units for tangential force are newtons (N), pounds (lbs), and dynes (dyn). In some cases, other units such as kilogram-force (kgf) or pound-force (lbf) may also be used.

4. How do you convert between units of tangential force?

To convert between units of tangential force, you can use conversion factors or formulas specific to the units you are working with. For example, to convert from newtons to pounds, you can use the conversion factor 1 N = 0.22481 lbs. Alternatively, you can use the formula F (lbs) = F (N) / 4.448. It is important to ensure that the units cancel out correctly in your calculations.

5. Are there any online tools or resources available for tangential force unit conversion?

Yes, there are many online tools and resources available for tangential force unit conversion. Some popular options include unit conversion calculators, conversion charts, and mobile apps. It is important to double check the accuracy of these tools and use trusted sources when converting units for important calculations or experiments.