ATMega128's ATLM - how should I cope with this?

• Thread starter mscho527
  • Start date
In summary: Additionally, consider connecting your sensor to a digital input, as this will allow you to read the data more easily and store it in a file for further analysis or processing. In summary, the newbie is not sure which leg of the sensors should go to which place, and is looking for help. He has found out that VCC should denote the operating voltage of the chip, that GND should be tied together, and that a output pin really depends on the device being measured. He also found out that connecting the sensors to a digital input would make the data easier to read and process.
mscho527
Hi. I'm a newcomer to AVR and actually these whole electronics stuff.
But.. I need to use this for my school work.
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/796557659.png?1375531730
This is the image of my kit's ATLM input. In this formation, I'm trying to add some analog sensors.
I'm not sure what VCC is, so I'm not sure which leg of the sensors should go to which place.
Please help this newbie...
Thanks in advance.

Engineering news on Phys.org
OK well Vcc should denote the operating voltage of the chip, if you want to attach an analong input I would just place it on one of the ATLM pins, for example if you have a potentiometer you would connect one outside pin to the 3.3V connector, and the other outside pin to ground and then the middle pin to one of the ATLM inputs. I could not find any information about "ATLM input" but I assume that it is specific for your schools kit.

As said before, VCC (Common Voltage) is the operating voltage of the device. You should source the data sheet before continuing your project. Sometimes devices are able to operate within a range of voltage levels (i.e. 8-20V) because of internal voltage clamping - 5V operating voltage is typical. It also appears that VCC is further clamped to a 3.3V output which is nice. 3.3V is often used in logical applications.

The answer seems to have been sufficiently answered already, but it is worth noting that VCC of your device may be different that VCC of your chip - so consider this carefully. Also be aware the the GND connections of each device should be tied together - this is very important to ensure a common reference.
-Further, a output pin really depends on your method of measuring logic from the analog device. Digital devices are simply HIGH and LOW outputs, so they are easy to deal with. Analog output devices are bit more complicated and require special chips to measure the output. I am not familiar with the above device so I cannot say with confidence exactly how this part should be done in your case. I think the ATMega128 has ADC capabilities but am not certain.

Last edited:

1. What is the ATMega128's ATLM?

The ATMega128's ATLM is a microcontroller chip commonly used in embedded systems and electronic devices. It is manufactured by Atmel and is known for its high-performance and low-power consumption.

2. What are the main features of the ATMega128's ATLM?

The ATMega128's ATLM has 128KB of flash memory, 4KB of EEPROM, and 4KB of SRAM. It also has 53 input/output pins, multiple communication interfaces, and a wide operating voltage range of 2.7V to 5.5V.

3. How do I program the ATMega128's ATLM?

The ATMega128's ATLM can be programmed using a variety of programming languages such as C, C++, and Assembly. It can also be programmed using a development board and a programming software such as Atmel Studio or Arduino IDE.

4. What is the difference between the ATMega128's ATLM and other microcontrollers?

The ATMega128's ATLM stands out from other microcontrollers due to its large memory capacity, low-power consumption, and multiple communication interfaces. It also has a wide range of built-in features and is highly versatile, making it suitable for a wide range of applications.

5. How can I cope with the complexity of using the ATMega128's ATLM?

As with any microcontroller, learning to use the ATMega128's ATLM may seem daunting at first. However, there are many online resources, tutorials, and community forums available to help you get started. It is also helpful to have a basic understanding of programming and electronics before working with this microcontroller.