Test Your Spelling Skills: Take the Quiz!

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
In summary, Take this test!Viet Dao got 41 on her first try and then 45 on her second try, but the program doesn't recognize "esophagus" as a correct spelling and gives her a zero score. Gokul got 33 on her first try and then 27 on her second try.
Lisa!
Gold Member
Physics news on Phys.org
I got 25 points

Om my second test, I got 34.

I only get 22... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Viet Dao,

:grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:
This is just so not fair, any way i had all the first ones correct :tongue2:

This time, I got 35. (I should have gotten 36, because "guilt" is a correct spelling of the word "gillt"; but the dumb program only accepted "gilt" as the correct answer..:grumpy:)

I got 33 on my first try and then 41 on my second, but it is a bit of a stupid program. It really does come down to how fast you can get through the first part. If you get longer words in the first part then you will naturally do it slower and get a lower score. Also sometimes you accidentally hit the wrong one when trying to do it too quick.

It also comes down to interpretation as well. Like how arildno thought it was referring to guilt instead of gilt, so people can get the wrong answer based on their interpretation.

Overall, it's silly :biggrin:

Hooray!
41 this time! :smile:

big man said:
Silly?
Too few have posted their own scores on this for me to have an opinion on that..:wink:

I got 30 first try and felt quite good then I looked at the high scores pfffttt!

arildno said:
This time, I got 35. (I should have gotten 36, because "guilt" is a correct spelling of the word "gillt"; but the dumb program only accepted "gilt" as the correct answer..:grumpy:)

gilt and guilt are different things
guilt is as in guilty
gilt is as in having the deep slightly brownish color of gold

smilies aren't clickable??

Welcome back *kia*! :smile:
Yeah, smilies are clickable for almost everyone but I think you have my problem. Clear your browser, perhaps your problem would be tackled.

I did but it didn't work for me!:cry:

big man said:
I got 33 on my first try and then 41 on my second, but it is a bit of a stupid program. It really does come down to how fast you can get through the first part. If you get longer words in the first part then you will naturally do it slower and get a lower score. Also sometimes you accidentally hit the wrong one when trying to do it too quick.

It also comes down to interpretation as well. Like how arildno thought it was referring to guilt instead of gilt, so people can get the wrong answer based on their interpretation.

:rofl: :rofl: You're right! I just got tired after answering to the first questions and left it. But of course before going to get a rest, I posted here for you! :tongue2:

Where is the spell check button on that site?

19 my first try :cry:
I was hoping there was a third part after seeing arildno's score :smile:

Trial 1: 28

Trial 2: 36

Stupid program doesn't recognize "esophagus" as a correct spelling. (mutter grumble "proper english" mutter grumble.)

1 . 40
2. 47

pattylou said:
Trial 1: 28

Trial 2: 36

Stupid program doesn't recognize "esophagus" as a correct spelling. (mutter grumble "proper english" mutter grumble.)
It's a Brit game. I think they spell it 'aesophagus'.

*Kia* said:
smilies aren't clickable??
Refresh your browser cache.

Gokul43201 said:
It's a Brit game. I think they spell it 'aesophagus'.
They said oesophagus.

Good scores, Gokul.

Yeah I guess that will also determine your score as well. If you use American spellings then you're going to get a lower score. Tough luck on the oesophagus one though 'cause I think that (esophagus) is unfortunately the most common way of spelling it now.

Last edited:
I got 33 filler filler filler

pattylou said:
They said oesophagus.
Yes, that's it. That's how it was spelt in my high school bio text as well. Long time, no see...:redface:

Tried 5 more times, but just can't beat 47. When I try to go fast, I end up clicking the wrong word accidentally.

41 45 easy stuff.

smart program...ijust clicked on the first as fast as i cud...and got over 50 correct, but since i had 67 wrong it gave me a score of zero...which means i can't 'cheat the game...lol.

i got 21 first try
second try: 27

24 on the second try. 23 on next, :cry:

Last edited:

1. What is "Test Your Spelling Skills: Take the Quiz!"?

"Test Your Spelling Skills: Take the Quiz!" is an online quiz designed to test your spelling abilities. It consists of a series of words that you must spell correctly to earn points.

2. How do I take the quiz?

To take the quiz, simply click on the "Start Quiz" button on the quiz page. This will start the quiz and display the first word for you to spell.

3. Can I retake the quiz if I don't do well?

Yes, you can retake the quiz as many times as you'd like. Simply refresh the page or click on the "Restart Quiz" button to try again.

4. Is there a time limit for the quiz?

No, there is no time limit for the quiz. Take your time and make sure to spell each word correctly for the best score.

5. Are there any hints or clues for the words?

No, there are no hints or clues for the words. This quiz is designed to test your spelling skills without any assistance. However, you can always use a dictionary if needed.