Plots for determining the range of higgs mas

In summary, the conversation is about plotting the range of Higgs mass in relation to tan beta and spectral index in a minimal supersymmetry model. The authors of a paper have already plotted this, but the person asking for help is struggling to understand how to reproduce the graphs. They are advised to follow the references provided for more information.
Imraan Pervez
I am trying to do some plots for determining the range of higgs mass. Can somebody tell me how to plot higgs mass 'm_h' versus tan β ? or 'm_h' versus spectral index 'n_s' ?

Physics news on Phys.org

Imraan Pervez said:
I am trying to do some plots for determining the range of higgs mass. Can somebody tell me how to plot higgs mass 'm_h' versus tan β ? or 'm_h' versus spectral index 'n_s' ?

Your question is hopelessly vague. What are you talking about? You mention tan beta which makes me think you are talking about some minimal supersymmetry model, but other than that there is little hope for anyone to understand what you want and therefore help you.

Dear kurros, thanks for taking interest. The authors of the following paper
http://arxiv.org/abs/1108.0070
claim that from this model, they have plotted higgs mass 'm_h' versus tan β and 'm_h' versus spectral index 'n_s' . But I am unable to find any equations/formulas through which I can reproduce them.

The authors explain what they are doing in their paper - see Eqn. 25.

thanks vanadium but the problem is that they determine the higgs mass in the following paper of theirs
arxiv.org/abs/1108.3762
but I am not able to understand how to plot the graphs in Fig 1 of this paper.

They say they calculate it along the lines of reference 14.

The references are there for a reason - you need to follow them like a trail of breadcrumbs to get the answer.

absolutely right...thanks bro

1. What is the Higgs mass range?

The Higgs mass range is the range of possible values for the mass of the Higgs boson, a fundamental particle in the Standard Model of particle physics. The current estimated range is between 125 and 127 GeV (Gigaelectronvolts).

2. How is the Higgs mass range determined?

The Higgs mass range is determined through a combination of theoretical calculations and experimental data from particle colliders like the Large Hadron Collider (LHC). Scientists use mathematical models and data analysis techniques to narrow down the possible range of values for the Higgs mass.

3. Why is the Higgs mass range important?

The Higgs mass range is important because it helps us understand the fundamental nature of the universe. The Higgs boson is responsible for giving other particles their mass, and its mass can provide insight into the structure of the universe and the origin of mass.

4. Has the Higgs mass range been confirmed?

Yes, the Higgs mass range has been confirmed by multiple experiments at the LHC, including the ATLAS and CMS experiments. The most recent measurements are consistent with the predicted range of 125-127 GeV.

5. Could the Higgs mass range change in the future?

While the current measurements are consistent with the predicted range, further research and experiments may lead to refinements or adjustments in the Higgs mass range. As our understanding of particle physics evolves, the Higgs mass range may also change.