Ruplusive Force or Lost Of Mass

In summary: The effect of Hawking radiation on a lone planet in a vacuum is that it would be ripped apart. However, if the universe it was in was accelerating then the matter of the planet would eventually be ripped apart by the repulsion of dark energy aka spatial expansion, which is a mysterious special type of non-zero energy.
cryptomorph
Not sure what forum this question belongs in... so I'll post it here.

I understand the concept of gravity warping space but intuitively it's never sat well. But, hey, no one can be more a non-physicist as myself. So please permit me my ramblings so I can better understand where I must be wrong.

Here’s a thought experiment. Imagine a planet being instantly created in a universe with nothing else in it. Would it slowly lose mass though its gravitational field? Is mass preserved in a universe where there is an abundance of matter where gravitational energy is mutually exchanged?

Which leads to the bigger question… the discovery that the expansion of the universe is not slowing but accelerating has raised the question of some repulsive force in matter. But it occurred to yesterday whether this acceleration can be due to a radiational loss of mass in these galaxies as they fly further apart. Observationally how would one tell the difference? Empirically how would this be tested? That the orbits of stars on the outer bands of a galaxy might show signs of accelerating?

Thanks in advance for all your patience ;-)

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

Gravitational fields do not consume energy, so there is no energy being radiated away. If you had two point masses in orbit of each other, they'd orbit forever and the energy level of the system would always be constant. This is from Newton's 1st law and the law of conservation of energy.

russ_watters said:
Welcome to PF.
Gravitational fields do not consume energy, so there is no energy being radiated away. If you had two point masses in orbit of each other, they'd orbit forever and the energy level of the system would always be constant. This is from Newton's 1st law and the law of conservation of energy.

Thanks for the welcome Russ. I was thinking of a process along the lines of Hawking Radiation.

the repulsive force of matter, well do you mean dark energy or hawking radiation? I am pretty sure they are different. to answer to your first question, I believe hawking radiation does not directly effect a lone planet in a vacuum, BUT if the universe it was in was accelerating then the matter of the planet would eventually be ripped apart by the repulsion of Dark energy aka spatial expansion, which is a mysterious special type of non-zero energy .

I could be wrong though SOOOO here is the wiki definition of Hawking radiation: "By this process the black hole loses mass, and to an outside observer it would appear that the black hole has just emitted a particle. In reality, the process is a quantum tunneling effect, whereby particle-antiparticle pairs will form from the vacuum, and one will tunnel outside the event horizon."

I am pretty sure Hawking "radiation" effects all particle-antiparticle pairs inthe vacuum trapped behing the event horizon of black holes.

on a side note; is it possible that the effect of dark energy could be an effect of particles with mass "sinking" at the same rate into spacetime rather than being thought of as spacetime being stretched (aka expanding) between them?

Since the universe is continualy expanding, does that mean the TOTAL energy in the entire universe, or maybe even EP is increasing? Just a random question i just made up
but then again, energy is unlimited isn't it? or if everything could move at the speed of light...hmmm i don't know what I am saying, lol

1. What is Ruplusive Force?

Ruplusive Force is a hypothetical force proposed in some scientific theories that suggests the existence of a repulsive force between particles or objects. It is similar to the concept of gravity, but instead of pulling objects towards each other, it would push them away.

2. How is Ruplusive Force related to Lost of Mass?

The concept of Ruplusive Force is often linked to the idea of Lost of Mass, which is also a hypothetical phenomenon. Lost of Mass suggests that when particles or objects are pushed away from each other by the Ruplusive Force, they lose their mass in the process.

3. Is there any experimental evidence for Ruplusive Force or Lost of Mass?

No, there is currently no experimental evidence for either Ruplusive Force or Lost of Mass. These are purely theoretical concepts that have not been proven or observed in any experiments.

4. How does Ruplusive Force or Lost of Mass differ from other fundamental forces?

Ruplusive Force and Lost of Mass are not currently recognized as fundamental forces in the same way that gravity, electromagnetism, and the strong and weak nuclear forces are. These other forces have been extensively studied and observed in experiments, while Ruplusive Force and Lost of Mass remain unproven and purely theoretical.

5. What are the potential implications if Ruplusive Force or Lost of Mass were to be proven?

If these concepts were to be proven, it would significantly change our understanding of the fundamental forces and laws of nature. It could also have implications for our understanding of the structure of the universe and potentially lead to new technologies and advancements in physics.