Standard enthalpy of formation needed for EDTA metal complexes

by Gollegun
Tags: edta, enthalpy, formation, metal, standard
Share this thread:
Gollegun
Aug12-14, 02:01 AM
P: 2
Hi,

I am trying to solve the chemical equilibria in a kraft mill bleach plant to predict mineral scale deposits. I am using the van't Hoff equation to account for temperature dependence of the formation constants, but I need the enthalpy of reaction for all equilibria and I am missing some data.

What I am missing is data for EDTA complexes with Na+ and K+. I have the std enthalpy of formation for EDTA, Na+ and K+ but in order to get the enthalpy of reaction I also need EDTA-Na and EDTA-K.

Does anyone know where I can find these values?

Kind regards

Gollegun
Phys.Org News Partner Chemistry news on Phys.org
Chemical biologists find new halogenation enzyme
Protein secrets of Ebola virus
Protein courtship revealed through chemist's lens
Borek
Aug12-14, 03:29 AM
Admin
P: 23,711
Formation constants for EDTANa and EDTAK are quite small from what I remember - are you sure they play any important role in the system?
Gollegun
Aug12-14, 03:48 AM
P: 2
Quote Quote by Borek View Post
Formation constants for EDTANa and EDTAK are quite small from what I remember - are you sure they play any important role in the system?
I just automatically included all the ions of significant concentration. But you are right, the formation constants of Na and K are very low in comparison to other metals such as Ca and Mg - and they can probably be neglected. I'll try this and see how it works out.

Thanks!

Register to reply