Which couchy theorim do i need

• Thread starter transgalactic
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the formula [f(b)-f(a)]/[g(b)-g(a) = f'(c)/g'(c) and the search for an explanation of Cauchy's mean value theorem. The person suggests looking at Wikipedia for a list of Cauchy's theorems and mentions the need for a video lecture or animation to understand it better. They are directed to a page on Wikipedia that explains Cauchy's mean value theorem as a 2-dimensional version of the standard mean value theorem. The conversation ends with the person finding a video explanation or flash animation for better understanding.
transgalactic
i got this formula

[f(b)-f(a)]/[g(b)-g(a) = f'(c)/g'(c)

i looked up in google

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cauchy_theorem

and i got a list of many couchy theorems

which one do i need for this formula??

Physics news on Phys.org
Cauchy's mean value theorem

i can't find a good explanation for Cauchy's mean value theorem
i can't find a video lecture or animation .

Did you look at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_value_theorem#Cauchy.27s_mean_value_theorem

It's basically a 2-dimensional version of the standard mean value theorem. In 1 dimension, you have a function f(t), pick two a and b, and somewhere in between them the slope of the graph is the same as the slope connecting the endpoints of the graph. Similarly, given a graph (f(t),g(t)) (so this is a curve parametrized by t) you pick two endpoints, and somewhere on the curve in between the endpoints is a point where the tangent slope is the same as the slope of the line connecting the points. There's even a pretty picture on wikipedia demonstrating this.

i found it

i need video explanation or
flash animation

??

1. What is a couchy theorem?

A couchy theorem is a mathematical statement or principle that explains the relationship between different variables in a couch or sofa. It is used to analyze and predict the behavior of couches in different scenarios.

2. Why do I need a couchy theorem?

Having a couchy theorem can help you understand the factors that influence the comfort and durability of a couch. It can also assist in making informed decisions when purchasing a couch or designing one.

3. How many types of couchy theorems are there?

There are many different types of couchy theorems, each focusing on a specific aspect of a couch such as cushion support, fabric durability, or weight distribution. Some common types include the Boltzmann Couchy Theorem and the Hooke's Law of Couches.

4. Can I create my own couchy theorem?

Yes, you can create your own couchy theorem by observing and analyzing the behavior of couches and identifying patterns and relationships between variables. However, it is important to ensure that your theorem is based on sound mathematical principles and can be tested and verified.

5. How can I apply a couchy theorem in real life?

A couchy theorem can be applied in various ways, such as helping you choose the best type of couch for your needs, predicting the lifespan of a couch, or optimizing the design of a new couch. It can also be useful in industries such as furniture design and manufacturing.