PF PHOTO CONTEST - I Kid You Not (5/24-5/30)

In summary: Nazi? I think not.In summary, the photo contest theme this week will be on kids. Members are allowed to post one digital photo per week related to the theme. The photo must be no larger than 650x490 or 490x650 pixels, and must be resized to fit within these dimensions. Members are also allowed to crop the photo, but any other form of editing or modification is not allowed. Members are allowed to add a watermark or name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes. Voting will take place at the end of the contest period, and the photo with the most votes will be the winner.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
I Kid You Not

Administrative note: Thanks to Mk for running the contest while I was away!

This week, the theme will be on one of our most favorite subject: kids! Your picture must have, as its main subject, a child or many children.

Zz.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
So this is going to be one of those "cute alert!" threads? :tongue2:

I have so many pictures to choose from for this theme.

You're joking!

Were you thinking of me Zz?

Which one...which one...This one.
1.jpg

Last edited:
Chi Meson said:
You're joking

I kid you not!

:)

Zz.

HPIM1295a.jpg

Grandkids are great!

I haven't seen a contest in a while that I had a good photo to enter. Finally, one I have plenty of!

This is my nephew from his birthday 2 years ago (I'll miss his party this year :frown:).
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/7004/kidspj1.jpg

There's something endearing about a kid smiling with a mouth full of chips. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
BABY GOATS! This is my kind of competition. I think I can find some, they are sooo cute.

Baahd Evo, baahd. Ha, I've the best one, my little cousin. I'm trying to upload it to I-shack now

A good friend's baby's first birthday party. Chicken and cake combo is, evidently, the very best.

bee.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

Grandsons Picking flowers for me.

It's been a long and tiring day, even if it's the Most Magical Place on Earth! :)

img2134il3.jpg

Zz.

My errm :uhh: lease-grand children Marco, Kayleigh, Manon and Jennifer during their first lesson how to wrap and deliver baby kids.

grandkids.JPG

I kid you :wink:

Damn, starting them early, eh Georgina? The kid's already got a pierced ear...

Yes she does, binzing, and as an honourary Auntie, it was over my strenuous objections.

Less than 2 days left to submit a photo for this contest.

Zz.

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2672/picture035ki4.jpg

Here's mine. Bloody Imageshack is a PITA to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, she going to be gauged out by the time she's 15?

binzing said:
Damn, she going to be gauged out by the time she's 15?

Pardon? I don't understand what that means.

binzing said:

Please pay attention to the size of your picture, and the maximum size requirement for our contest. You have one day left to correct this.

Zz.

Bloody hell man, your a Nazi. Everyone else uses there's full size...

Georgina, to have your piercing gauged is to have it enlarged, and they go in sizes.

binzing said:
Bloody hell man, your a Nazi. Everyone else uses there's full size...

"full size"? Your picture is 800x600. Everyone else is below or at the max. pixel size that is stated in the rules. Why do you think you should be the exception? Enforcing the rules that everyone follows and to be fair across the board is being a "nazi"?

Zz.

Last edited:
Zz, please replace Binzing's entry with this

I've seen hella many that were over 640 X 480 in these competitions. I apologize for the name calling, but I believe it should be a bit more lax, as it took me over 3 hours and 20 tries to get this picture to upload, and then, it turns out you can't resize once its uploaded so I've been trying all bloody day to reupload and resize this picture. Not everyone has highspeed, you know?

Thank you Andre, I'll keep trying to resize this, but yeah, it ain't working, so most likely I'll be forced to go with that one.

binzing said:
I've seen hella many that were over 640 X 480 in these competitions. I apologize for the name calling, but I believe it should be a bit more lax, as it took me over 3 hours and 20 tries to get this picture to upload, and then, it turns out you can't resize once its uploaded so I've been trying all bloody day to reupload and resize this picture. Not everyone has highspeed, you know?

Please show them to me.

If you have followed this contest for any length of time, you would have seen that I try, whenever I catch it, to make sure people stick by the rules. I make no exceptions. I've even asked Greg, the owner of this forum, to resize his pictures!

binzing said:
Thank you Andre, I'll keep trying to resize this, but yeah, it ain't working, so most likely I'll be forced to go with that one.

Are you going to resubmit it in another post, or do you want me to edit your existing post to include the picture from Andre?

Zz.

Last edited:
Just let me try this bloody thing...

Binzing, the only thing you need to do is relax, then quote my former post. delete everything in front of "http" and behind "JPG". Then put [ img ] [ /img ] tags around it (without spaces) and it should work

.. and to think that I was so eager to continue doing this contest after I came back from my brief hiatus...

Zz.

Aw, Zapper, we wub you, though. :!)

binzing said:

Yea I fould imageshack to be a PITA too. It seemed to be a trial and error effort. Basically just go to your image shack web page click on show my images, right click on the pic you want and on the drop down menu select view picture.

To the right of the picture will be some options, thumb nails or no thumbnails click the "no"

below the picture click on the "for Fourms" selecion and it will highlight the proper format to post the correct size. just copy it and then paste it in the forum. :smile:

ZapperZ said:
.. and to think that I was so eager to continue doing this contest after I came back from my brief hiatus...

Zz.

Hang in there ZapperZ we need you. Image Shack doesn't have any clear instructions on how to size the pics.

I've got dozens of pictures of my best friend's granddaughter's latest visit to my house, and I have used one in the "Joy" competition, but I don't think that I have used this one. Sophia is such a cutie! When I asked her how old she was, she held out all fingers of one hand, but clued me in that she was much smarter, saying "I read big-people books - without pictures." She insisted that her father bring her out here so she could visit with my "famous" chipmunks that her grandfather had told her about. She lives in Ireland so we don't see her often, but she is a real cutie!

ikidyounot.jpg

Attachments

• ikidyounot.jpg
    ikidyounot.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 293
Last edited: