Greg - has the PF been Pandalized?

• Thread starter Borek
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a decrease in website traffic due to the Google code upgrade called "Panda." The person affected is unsure of how it will affect their income and is concerned about Google's aggressive stance towards content farms. They also discuss the prominence of low-quality content on the internet and its impact on finding reliable information. They share examples and concerns about their own website's ranking and Google's filtering methods.
Borek
Mentor
I have been hit - my traffic is about 40% down :grumpy:

We have already prepaid part of the Summer vacations, and part of my income is Google dependent, no idea how much I will make in April/May/June - future looks blurred at the moment.

Physics news on Phys.org
I have been hit - my traffic is about 40% down

Question mark ?

Google traffic, Panda is a codename of the latest Google code upgrade that was rolled out about a week ago and substantially changed search results. "Pandalized" is a word play.

Thanks, I had no idea what you were talking about.

How does Panda change the results? Does it tend to obscure smaller webpages?

Borek said:
I have been hit - my traffic is about 40% down :grumpy:

Hard to say at the moment how PF is affected by Panda. Weekends are always slow. Over the past decade though PF has remained strong over all the google updates. I know google has been very aggressive towards content farms. I hope google doesn't see use as one.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Hard to say at the moment how PF is affected by Panda. Weekends are always slow. Over the past decade though PF has remained strong over all the google updates. I know google has been very aggressive towards content farms. I hope google doesn't see use as one.
Content farms?

Greg Bernhardt said:
Weekends are always slow.

I am 40% down over the whole week (excluding Sunday, but Sundays is a part of a weekend, weekends are slow, so Sunday won't change much).

I have not yet checked details about different sites (I have several), but it looks like all have been affected. Hardly surprising - they were built with similar templates.

What is irritating is the fact that I followed what google always promoted - not to "overseoize", good, original, interlinked content prepared for users, not for search engines (well, I did some small white hat tricks, but nothing blatant). It worked for almost 6 years.

Last edited:
Borek said:
I am 40% down over the whole week (excluding Sunday, but Sundays is a part of a weekend, weekends are slow, so Sunday won't change much).

Comparing this week to last week our stats are normal. Wonder why you go hit :(

Over the past few weeks whenever I google something the top 10 are yahoo answers (nothing but idiotic remarks), wiki answers (more people giving answers that have no clue), e-how (same as above) it's made finding real information very difficult.

Likes gracy
Evo said:
Over the past few weeks whenever I google something the top 10 are yahoo answers (nothing but idiotic remarks), wiki answers (more people giving answers that have no clue), e-how (same as above) it's made finding real information very difficult.

Forums have generally been viewed in the same realm of sites for poor quality content which is why I am always concerned.

Likes gracy
Didn't have my glasses on because they have been hurting. I opened this thread thinking it read:
Greg... something, something, PF has been canonized. :biggrin: Well, I thought, that was quick.

1. What is the meaning of "Pandalized"?

"Pandalized" is a term used to describe the act of vandalizing or damaging a pandal. A pandal is a temporary structure often used for religious or cultural events in India.

2. Who is Greg and why is he associated with this term?

Greg is a fictional character often used in memes and internet jokes. The phrase "Greg has been Pandalized" is a play on words, using his name to refer to the act of vandalizing a pandal.

3. What is the PF mentioned in the question?

PF stands for Provident Fund, which is a retirement savings scheme in India. The question is asking if the Provident Fund has been affected or impacted by the pandalization of Greg.

4. What is the significance of this question?

This question is likely referencing a specific event or joke related to Greg and pandalization. It may be used as a pop culture reference or to spark conversation among those familiar with the meme.

5. Is there any real-life impact of pandalization or is it just a humorous term?

Pandalization can have real-life impacts, as it involves damaging or destroying property. It is important to respect cultural and religious structures and not engage in destructive behavior like pandalization.