SD Card Module Slot Socket Reader to USB - Help please

In summary, the conversation discusses using the SD Card Module Slot Socket Reader Module as a micro SD card reader directly connected to a PC. The question is whether it is possible to connect a USB male connector to the module and use it as a normal SD card reader. John clarifies that he is not using an Arduino, just a simple connection between the SD card, module, USB male, and PC. Borek and Dave suggest using a USB-based SD card reader instead of reinventing the wheel.
John.krew
Hi
I want to use the SD Card Module Slot Socket Reader Module (Link attached) as a micro sd card reader DIRECTLY to my PC.
Is it possible to connect to this Module a USB Male connector and use it as a normal sd-card reader?

The Module:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-SD-Card-Module-Slot-Socket-Reader-For-Arduino-ARM-MCU-Read-And-Write-/251513265086?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8f5bdbbe

**I’m not using arduino – just a simple connection between sd-card – Module – USB male – PC**

Thanks,
John

Engineering news on Phys.org
Any particular reason to make your life harder by using this reader instead of any USB based SD card readers?

you still need the interfacing control circuitry to go between the that SD card unit and the USB cable

As Borek said ... why do you want to make life difficult for yourself ? ... multi-card to USB ports are dirt cheap
why reinvent the wheel ?

Dave

1. What is an SD card module slot socket reader to USB?

An SD card module slot socket reader to USB is a small device that allows you to access data from an SD card using a USB connection. This is useful for transferring files between a computer and an SD card, or for reading data from an SD card on a device that does not have an SD card slot.

2. How do I use an SD card module slot socket reader to USB?

To use an SD card module slot socket reader to USB, simply insert your SD card into the designated slot on the device and then plug the USB end into your computer or device. The device should automatically be recognized and you can then access the data on your SD card.

3. Can I use an SD card module slot socket reader to USB with any type of SD card?

Most SD card module slot socket readers are compatible with standard SD cards, as well as mini and micro SD cards with the use of an adapter. However, it is always best to check the specifications of your specific device to ensure compatibility.

4. Are there any advantages to using an SD card module slot socket reader to USB?

One of the main advantages of using an SD card module slot socket reader to USB is the convenience it offers. It allows you to easily transfer files between devices, without the need for any additional cables or adapters. It also allows you to access data from an SD card on a device that does not have an SD card slot, making it a versatile tool to have.

5. Can I use an SD card module slot socket reader to USB on multiple devices?

Yes, you can use an SD card module slot socket reader to USB on multiple devices as long as they have a USB port and are compatible with the device. This makes it a great tool for those who need to transfer data between multiple devices, such as a computer, laptop, or tablet.