Contestant Misses First Quesiton

• Thread starter dduardo
  • Start date
In summary, the contestant on the show "Millionaire" missed the first question due to a trick question.
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
How do you possibly miss the first question on Millionaire? Wow! :eek:

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/content/millionaire8.wmv

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
He should of used his lifeline to call his psychologist

Anyone who can watch "Millionaire" for a whole minute at a time, is on the same level as that guy.

my $0.02

Millionaire was awesome, i shall destroy you!

Rach3 said:
Anyone who can watch "Millionaire" for a whole minute at a time, is on the same level as that guy.

my $0.02
They still won't give me my $1 millon:grumpy:

Not someone you'd want for your attorney. :bugeye:

dduardo said:
How do you possibly miss the first question on Millionaire? Wow! :eek:

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/content/millionaire8.wmv
That's just sad...he has three(four on the new ones, if that's a new episode) lifelines, how could he possibly miss that...?! It was easy anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know that!

That is quite sad!

awesome! he is as dumb as franzbear and looks fuzzy too :bugeye:

Let's not laugh at cyrus, he tried his best

My dad went on the show (he's not that guy) and we got a free trip to New York and a free stay in a nice hotel. Yes, with that guy who stands in the front who opens the door for you and says "Hello! How are you today sir?" He even had gloves on. We met Regis, he was short. The seats were hard metal. My butt hurt. He didn't get through the "fastest finger" thing.

Evo said:
Not someone you'd want for your attorney. :bugeye:

I remember on the origianal show with Regis an attorney missed the first question and it was about a nursery rhyme. Another guy missed the first question: "what kind of animals did Hannibal use to cross the Alps"? His answer was llamas. The guy was a stock analyst.:wink:

Last edited:
(regarding the guy from the video)

*Did his boss say "That's the last stick! You're fired!" when the guy decided to take that year long vacation?

-Seriously though, he seemed like a nice guy...
(not too bright with idioms there :rolleyes: though...)

edward said:
Another guy missed the first question: "what kind of animals did Hannibal use to cross the Alps"? His answer was llamas. The guy was a stock analyst.:wink:
Alpacas. :tongue2:

At least it was a decent question to get wrong. I can understand someone just having never heard "that's the last straw!"

Now, if it had been something like "what is e^(pi*i) equal to?" I would have just lost respect for the man...

Vicuñas!

And it wasn't the Alps, it was the Andes.

And it wasn't Hannibal, it was Pizarro.

And it wasn't 218 BCE, it was 1532 CE.

It was a trick quetion.

Oh, what year is this anyway? :biggrin:

A friend of mine told me that she saw a school teacher on that show who apparently did not know what a tome is.:bugeye:

This thread is clear evidence that people think that anything they know should also be stuff everybody knows! :smile:

What does it mean when a contestant misses the first question in a competition?

When a contestant misses the first question in a competition, it means that they were unable to provide a correct answer to the initial question asked.

Why is it important for a contestant to answer the first question correctly?

Answering the first question correctly is important because it sets the tone for the rest of the competition. It shows the judges and audience that the contestant has a good understanding of the subject matter and is prepared for the competition.

What happens if a contestant misses the first question?

If a contestant misses the first question, they may lose points or be eliminated from the competition, depending on the rules. It can also affect their overall score and chances of winning.

How can a contestant prevent missing the first question?

A contestant can prevent missing the first question by studying and preparing thoroughly for the competition. They should also stay calm and focused during the competition to avoid making mistakes.

Is it common for a contestant to miss the first question?

It depends on the competition and the level of difficulty of the first question. In some competitions, missing the first question is rare, while in others it may happen more frequently. It also depends on the knowledge and preparation of the contestant.