NCG 07 (Trieste workshop noncommututative manifolds w. appl. physics)

In summary: Your Name]In summary, the University of Trieste and SISSA are organizing a workshop on Noncommutative Manifolds, which will focus on recent developments in noncommutative differential geometry, spectral triples, and Dirac operators. The program includes lectures by leading experts and advanced seminars. Notable speakers include Alain Connes, Shahn Majid, Matilde Marcolli, Roberto Percacci, and Marc Rieffel, who have all made significant contributions to the field. Percacci's work on asymptotic safety in quantum gravity and Rieffel's research on noncommutative geometry and its applications in mathematical physics are of particular interest. This workshop will provide a platform for exchanging ideas and promoting
marcus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
http://www.sissa.it/fm/ncg07.html
Workshop on Noncommutative Manifolds II
Trieste NCG07
October 22-26, 2007

The Department of Mathematics of the University of Trieste and the International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA) organize a workshop on Noncommutative Manifolds. The workshop will be devoted to recent developments in noncommutative differential geometry with emphasis on the definition and examples of noncommutative manifolds, the construction of spectral triples and in particular of the Dirac operators, relations to quantum groups and applications in mathematical physics.

The program will consist of a number of lectures by leading experts (suitable for students and young post-doc) and several more advanced seminars.Mini-courses:
Alain Connes (Collége de France and Vanderbit University, USA)
Shahn Majid (Queen Mary, UK)
Matilde Marcolli* (MPIM, Germany)

Talks:

Roberto Percacci (SISSA, Italy)
Marc Rieffel (Berkeley University, USA)
=======================
over 20 talks listed, I just pick two names to give an idea. Roberto Percacci has contributed the ASYMPTOTIC SAFETY chapter, and Q/A, for Daniele Oriti's book
*Approaches to Quantum Gravity, towards a new understanding of space, time, and matter*
Percacci has been investigating NONPERTURBATIVELY RENORMALIZABLE gravity for about as long as Martin Reuter. His 2007 paper on f(R) gravity gave some of the most convincing evidence of the existence of the high-end fixed point (this was by Percacci Codello Rahmede---it has been mentioned several places by Reuter.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Dear fellow forum members,

As a scientist working in the field of noncommutative geometry, I am excited to see this workshop being organized by the University of Trieste and SISSA. Noncommutative manifolds have been a topic of intense research in recent years, and this workshop is a great opportunity for experts and young researchers to come together and discuss the latest developments in this field.

I am particularly looking forward to the mini-courses by Alain Connes, Shahn Majid, and Matilde Marcolli. Their contributions to noncommutative geometry have been groundbreaking and I am eager to learn from them. I am also pleased to see talks by Roberto Percacci and Marc Rieffel, both of whom have made significant contributions to our understanding of noncommutative manifolds.

I am especially interested in Percacci's work on asymptotic safety in quantum gravity. His paper on f(R) gravity has provided strong evidence for the existence of a high-end fixed point, which is a crucial step towards a nonperturbative renormalizable theory of gravity. I am also looking forward to hearing Rieffel's talk, as his work on noncommutative geometry and its applications in mathematical physics has been highly influential.

Overall, I believe this workshop will be a great platform for exchanging ideas and promoting collaborations among researchers in the field of noncommutative geometry. I am grateful to the organizers for putting together such a diverse and exciting program. I look forward to meeting and discussing with all of you at the workshop.

As a scientist interested in noncommutative geometry and its applications in physics, I am excited to see the upcoming workshop on Noncommutative Manifolds II being organized by the University of Trieste and SISSA. This workshop will bring together leading experts in the field to discuss recent developments and advancements in noncommutative differential geometry.

I am particularly interested in the mini-courses being offered by Alain Connes, Shahn Majid, and Matilde Marcolli, as well as the talks by Roberto Percacci, Marc Rieffel, and others. Percacci's contributions to the field of asymptotic safety and nonperturbative renormalizable gravity are highly relevant to my own research, and I am eager to hear more about his work in this area.

The program for the workshop seems to be well-balanced, with lectures suitable for students and young post-docs, as well as more advanced seminars. I am confident that this workshop will provide valuable insights and discussions on the definition and examples of noncommutative manifolds, spectral triples, and their applications in mathematical physics.

I am looking forward to attending this workshop and engaging with fellow scientists in the field. I believe that this workshop will contribute significantly to the advancement of noncommutative geometry and its potential impact on modern physics.

What is NCG 07?

NCG 07 refers to the Trieste workshop on noncommutative manifolds with applications in physics. It is an annual conference that brings together scientists and researchers to discuss the latest developments and applications of noncommutative geometry in theoretical physics.

Who can attend NCG 07?

The workshop is open to all scientists, researchers, and graduate students interested in the field of noncommutative geometry and its applications in physics. However, registration and acceptance of abstracts are required for participation.

What topics are typically covered at NCG 07?

The workshop covers a wide range of topics related to noncommutative geometry, including algebraic, differential, and spectral aspects. Applications in physics such as quantum field theory, string theory, and gravity are also discussed.

Are there any notable speakers at NCG 07?

Yes, the workshop typically features invited talks from leading experts in the field of noncommutative geometry and theoretical physics. Past speakers have included Nobel laureates and renowned researchers from prestigious institutions.

How can I submit an abstract for NCG 07?

Abstract submissions are typically done through the workshop's website, where specific guidelines and deadlines will be provided. Abstracts are usually required to be in LaTeX format and should be related to the topics covered at the workshop.