Can Satellites Spy on Buildings and Use Electromagnetic Spectrum to See Inside?

• Thread starter secretdubai
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Satellite
In summary, the conversation is discussing the possibility of using satellite technology and the electromagnetic spectrum to see through walls and concrete in buildings. The conversation also touches on countermeasures, such as the use of a Faraday cage, and the potential use of a Neurophone with satellites. The original poster claims to have witnessed this technology being used and is looking for advice on how to counter it. Some suggestions are given, but the conversation turns to speculation and jokes. The original poster does not provide specific details about the situation.
secretdubai
What all ways can someone look inside a building (through walls, concrete) with use of a satellite and the electromagnetic spectrum. What I mean to say is, which all spectrums of the electromagnetic spectrum can be used to do such a thing? I can attest to it that someone is doing it and I just can't figure out how (lack of knowledge? I've already assumed).

And if it is in fact possible, is there anyway to counter it? And, is the usage of a Neurophone with satellites possible? And, is there any way of countering or jamming the frequencies on which Neurophones operate? And, is it possible to give someone a severe headache with a Neurophone or any other sort of similar technology?

Any guidance/advise would be very much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
If I tell you, would you promise to only use this power for good, not evil?

What about those people who are doing this? Wonder who would ask them and when.

Anyhow, promised. Will use it for good. =)

Tough to say, even if the technology to see through solid concrete walls exists, I doubt they can get a big enough satellite up there. X-Ray would be my best bet, but remember that X-Rays are very inefficient, thus the big bulky machines. As far as a way to counter it, if you can find a material that prevents the wavelengths of the emf to penetrate it, you can possibly build an effective Faraday cage.

Neurophones? I've never heard of that before, but I do know that the military has built a couple of non-lethal weapons aimed to confuse and overwhelm your senses. Although these things are not attached on a satellite way up there.

I'm more interested how you came up with this question? Worried about your privacy? Or are you planning to spy on someone? Hehehe... I think if anyone knows the answer to your question, he/she would not be able to tell you.

Yep, I don't either, but I will keep looking around. I didn't just come up with the question, it is actually happening. Started off with chatroom harassment(Dalnet, Undernet), and lead to this.

I do realize, however, that the way I've assumed it to be it may not be so. But, I know for a fact that it is being done.

If anyone is interested in more details I am more than willing to provide them. Everything as I know and the best to my knowledge.

It's nothing to laugh or chuckle at, really. As long as you're not in it, you just don't get it.

I suppose it's not unfathomable to think of something like that to exist, but I just think it's highly impractical to do so.

unplug your webcam

secretdubai said:
I can attest to it that someone is doing it
You mean you, personally, can attest to it?

Seems to me, either up your dosage or add another layer of tinfoil and you'll be all set. :biggrin:

All seriousness aside:
- IR detectors can definitely get a good idea of what's gfoing on inside buildings (or is that just in the movies)?
- lasers can read the vibrations off exterior windows that "hear" voices within.

tin foil hat

Add to that the spying on conversations, right down to the slightest whisper or, perhaps, picked up on the Nerophone. Either way, now crunch this, a private thought you only know you had yesterday turns up in the daily newspaper the next day in the form of an advertisement or some other attention grabbing text. Paranoia, coincidence or spying? To help you decide, multiply all that by the number of days in 8 months and, not to forget, on chatrooms in form of a nickname, or a conversation between nicks. And, the "people" or anonymous as they like to be called, spitting out text like "...no trace left behind" "...dust up the trail" etc. etc.

And an answer your assumption, it isn't impractical. To knowledge-craving hackers it is very practical.

ummmmmmm...

It has a catchy tune...

lithium carbonate taken orally will block the signals. just drink plenty of water.

Yeah, and don't smoke after taking the lithium...unless you are celebrating something...But I would say that a Faraday cage of some sort would be the way to go...

If you haven't seen this, you might like it:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120660/ (Enemy of the State)

Still sitting here waiting for someone who is willing to actually think on what all I've said and take me seriously. It's not a joke. It is true. It probably isn't the exact way (word to word) as I've described it here but it is happening.

I am asking for someone to help me, not mock me.

secretdubai said:
Still sitting here waiting for someone who is willing to actually think on what all I've said and take me seriously. It's not a joke. It is true. It probably isn't the exact way (word to word) as I've described it here but it is happening.

I am asking for someone to help me, not mock me.

assuming you're not just here to troll, seriously, go to the doctor

secretdubai said:
Still sitting here waiting for someone who is willing to actually think on what all I've said and take me seriously. ... I am asking for someone to help me, not mock me.
Well, you have had a few serious suggestions. Given how little detail you've given us about the problem, I think the quality and quantity of solutions we've been able to offer isn't unexpected. You can just ignore all the ribbing.

Is there some reason you can't give us specifics? If you want solutions, meet us halfway, otherwise we'll put no more effort into it than do you.

DaveC426913 said:
Is there some reason you can't give us specifics?
Yeah - they're reading his thoughts! :biggrin:

I can't give you specifics because it's not that well documented and I'm do not have PhD in physics and in-depth understanding of the electromagnetic spectrum. I have, though, spent a lot of time in researching this but the only piece of information that I found on satellite spying that talks about civilians or the average individual's capability to using any such thing or to manipulate and use any such thing is on this website: << link to crackpot website deleted by berkeman >>

Other than that, it's all government.

I agree with DaveC, with what little detail you've given us so far, we did our best. Judging from the amount of time you claimed you have spent over this subject matter, did you really expect someone to come out and tell you all about it on this forum? Really, you give us too much credit!

I mentioned that it's impractical, and it's true for people who REALLY wants to know it might be invaluable for them. But from the satellite approach, I just cannot imagine how it would justify the cost of sending something like that up in space. You'd need something with a big enough lens and a big enough electromagnetic generator to be able to shoot it through the atmosphere and have it BOUNCE BACK for the satellite to examine what it's looking at.

We already have very good optical satellites capable of identifying people walking in the streets. If you really need to know about something inside a building, why go the extra effort when you can send a crack team in just as fast and as efficient for maybe a fraction of the cost??

As far as I know, there is no current technology that can "see through walls" from a satellite (we can't really do it on the ground either). Passive information may be able to be gleaned from infrared, but there just isn't any technology that can shoot a signal through a wall, get it to bounce off something behind the wall, and then get useful information back (especially when the composition of the wall and the thing you're trying to see on the other side is unknown).

X-rays have been mentioned, but that just isn't a possibility either... Sure X-rays can go through semi-dense materials, but to use a detector to generate an image you have to have an X-ray source on the other side of the object being "scanned," which of course isn't an option when you're looking down from space.

And as for the "mind reading" thing, well, maybe this whole thread needs to be moved to Skepticism and Debunking...

Would an X-Ray even make it through the different levels of the atmosphere?
Exo, Thermo, Iono, Meso, Strato, Tropo...

And as for how to shield yourself from it...think about how humans are protected from X-ray exposure. Or make the concrete walls/ceiling 2 or 3 rows thick.

Seriously, watch Enemy of the State...you'll like it...or you'll reach a new level of paranoia...

Also, as per the Neuro Phone, here's a link:

<< link removed by berkeman >>

And I believe busted on Mythbusters.

dingpud said:
Most likely not. Even if it could, it'd be hard to concentrate that much power into a desired radius. You want to spy on your parents' neighbors but not necessarily see your mom and dad doing the nasty.

dingpud said:

And as for how to shield yourself from it...think about how humans are protected from X-ray exposure. Or make the concrete walls/ceiling 2 or 3 rows thick.

Seriously, watch Enemy of the State...you'll like it...or you'll reach a new level of paranoia...

Also, as per the Neuro Phone, here's a link:

<< link removed by berkeman >>

And I believe busted on Mythbusters.

Sorry dingpud, I can't let that link stand. Too crackpot-ish for the PF. Folks can google Neurophone if they want to find that kind of stuff. The link had this trash for example:

Scientific experiments indicate that effects of the Neurophone range from super learning, long term memory speed learning, relaxation, pain control and enhanced psychic abilities.

Not a problem at all. I completely understand. Yeah, the site that you blocked from the poster had some really crack pottish comments in it. I will give myself 30 lashes with a wet noodle...

secretdubai said:
I can't give you specifics because it's not that well documented and I'm do not have PhD in physics and in-depth understanding of the electromagnetic spectrum.
Then what is it that you can attest to as far as it actually happening?

This is absurd. Nobody could say with certainty that something like this exists from minimal knowledge at your expense. If your hacking on the computer or getting hacked maybe the FBI is looking in your window, not a satellite from outer space.

I don't blame you people for not believing what I say. Initially when this started, I couldn't even.

Anyhow, I'll keep researching and if anyone thinks of something you know where to post it. Try looking into it if you don't believe me, maybe you'll find something I may have overlooked.

Either way, now crunch this, a private thought you only know you had yesterday turns up in the daily newspaper the next day in the form of an advertisement or some other attention grabbing text.

Hi secretdubai. Unless this is just a joke you are playing on us then your issue is no joke, you have a real mental illness.

Actually this reminds me a lot of the Mathematician "John Forbes Nash" who developed paraniod schizophrenia and came to believe that aliens from outer-space were sending encrypted messages, meant only for him, encoded into text in the New York Times.

Sorry, I missed the significance of this passage at first, until uart quoted a portion. This is the accounting of what you've been experiencing:
secretdubai said:
Either way, now crunch this, a private thought you only know you had yesterday turns up in the daily newspaper the next day in the form of an advertisement or some other attention grabbing text. Paranoia, coincidence or spying? To help you decide, multiply all that by the number of days in 8 months and, not to forget, on chatrooms in form of a nickname, or a conversation between nicks. And, the "people" or anonymous as they like to be called, spitting out text like "...no trace left behind" "...dust up the trail" etc. etc.

SecretDubai, that certainly does sound like quite an alarming experience.

To confirm it, you need to rule out one of the possibilities you yourself mention. You need to rule out the possibility of paranoia. Have a doctor check you out, make sure that you're not suffering from something. This is a very real possibility, even if it doesn't seem so.

Hi SecretDubai and everybody!

I also observed mind-reading by governmental agencies. No new technology, I experienced it before 1980. It took me years to admit it really exists and I wasn't fooling myself, so I certainly accept sceptical persons as well. And by the way, two friends of mines with a PhD in physics had told me before about mind-reading they had observed and I didn't believe them, so you're all welcome.

My best explanation for it is that machines make and analyse pictures of the brain's activity (as medical uses do it) coupled with a learning software that builds a map of each target person, especially the regions that form words.

They certainly don't use NMR equipment. I can imagine pictures made in near infrared (Raman looks advantageous) or high GHz regions, for which the skull is transparent enough. THz would be an option now but wasn't 30 years ago.

Forget satellites, this is certainly the worst place to do it. Such an equipment must be near to the target, especially if it uses GHz waves, due to diffraction.

Anyway, I use 4 plies of space blanket as a protection now. Much more comfortable and durable than aluminium foil. The aluminium coating stops most wavelengths, so you don't need to understand in detail which wavelength is used.

I had tried to wear magnetic and electrostatic jammers before. I think I built them as well as possible but they didn't work, so the mind reading machines don't rely on EM fields radiated by the brains, with a very high confidence. But with the hats and blankets, I've never observed convincing mind-reading up to now.

French gov' agencies say "discret" as a codeword when I use the space blankets. They call me "Génère". And their codeword for mind-reading could be "Science-fiction".

Some of the readers will call that crank for sure. At least for my sci&tech background, they can make their opinion by reading my other posts here.

--------------

Oh, and about seeing through walls: this is done routinely with imaging radars - it isn't even secret. If the wall isn't homogeneous, just let an adaptive software make the corrections. Siemens developed a conductive wallpaper against such radars.

I wish they were used to rescue avalanche or earthquake victims instead of such stupid activities.

But why would they be wanting to read your minds?

Surely, you must consider that the more plausible explanation lies in delusions. Especially considering that delusional victims would, by definition, not be able to recognize themselves as such.

the foil blankets really aren't enough. what you want is a metal fabric with ferrite beads woven in macrame style.

This thread is utter nonsense. Closed.

1. Can satellites really spy on buildings from space?

Yes, satellites are equipped with advanced imaging technology that allows them to capture detailed images of buildings from space. These images can be used for surveillance purposes.

2. How do satellites use the electromagnetic spectrum to see inside buildings?

Satellites use various parts of the electromagnetic spectrum, such as infrared and radar, to capture images of buildings. These different wavelengths of light can penetrate through walls and other structures, allowing satellites to see inside.

3. Is it legal for satellites to spy on buildings?

The use of satellites for surveillance purposes is a complex legal issue and varies depending on the country and the specific circumstances. In general, governments and intelligence agencies have regulations and protocols in place for the use of satellite surveillance.

4. Can satellites see inside buildings at night?

Yes, some satellites are equipped with infrared technology that can capture images of buildings at night. This allows them to see through windows and other openings to gather information about the interior of a building.

5. Are there any privacy concerns with satellites spying on buildings?

Yes, there are privacy concerns with the use of satellite surveillance. While satellites can provide valuable information for security and intelligence purposes, there are also worries about the potential invasion of privacy for individuals living or working in the buildings being monitored.