Plan Your Vacation with Know Your Seasons

• Thread starter junglebeast
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Seasons
In summary, the map shows that the northernmost region of Siberia, the Taimyr Peninsula, experiences a winter all year long.
junglebeast
Just made this, it's interesting to look at. Might be useful for vacation planning as well ;)

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/7205/bluemarble2004months.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Thats actually really cool.

Very nice!

Or retirement planning...maybe I should learn Spanish :smile:!

Australians never get any snow?

rootX said:
Australians never get any snow?

I've always wondered why not since they 'appear' to be so close to the south pole... same with parts of south america... why's it always nice down at the tip there? But to the north it gets cold like 1/4 of the way down the entire Earth lol... never looked it up tho.

We do get snow, but never in my area.

wow, that was so cool images, i downloaded it :) thanks

Nice one, JB,

Lisa, you might just as well learn Dutch, you can see that The Netherlands stays snow free as well. But how about winter sports?

Anyway look in the right corner, the northernmost area in Siberia, the Taimyr Peninsula, it appears to stay white all through the year. Now this area is renowned for an abundance of mammal fossils, like horses, bisons, aurochs, lions, antilopes oh yes and mammoths too, all carbon dated around 50,000 - 10,000 years which happened to be the last ice age.

So it remains winter all year over there but during the ice age it appeared to be a productive meadow, hosting herds of large herbivores (mega fauna)?

And then it is not-done/ wrong/ enemy of the environment/ if one is wondering about the correct interpretation of all geologic records, which are the fundamentals of the global warming errrm ...thing?

Last edited:
Very nice!

I was expecting something along the lines of:

Know your seasons ... listen to Vivaldi.

junglebeast said:
Just made this, it's interesting to look at. Might be useful for vacation planning as well ;)
We're headed for a vacation in France later this month. I will certainly take this fascinating map into account in our plans.

1. What is the purpose of "Plan Your Vacation with Know Your Seasons"?

The purpose of "Plan Your Vacation with Know Your Seasons" is to help people plan their vacations by educating them about the different seasons and weather patterns in various destinations. This knowledge can help travelers make informed decisions about when and where to travel based on their preferences and desired activities.

2. How does "Plan Your Vacation with Know Your Seasons" provide information about seasons?

"Plan Your Vacation with Know Your Seasons" provides information about seasons through a comprehensive database of destinations and their corresponding weather patterns. It also includes tips and recommendations for each season, such as the best time to visit for certain activities and the type of clothing to pack.

3. Is "Plan Your Vacation with Know Your Seasons" limited to certain destinations?

No, "Plan Your Vacation with Know Your Seasons" covers a wide range of destinations, including popular tourist spots as well as off-the-beaten-path locations. The database is continuously updated to include new destinations and provide the most accurate and up-to-date information.

4. Can I customize my vacation plans using "Plan Your Vacation with Know Your Seasons"?

Yes, "Plan Your Vacation with Know Your Seasons" allows you to customize your vacation plans based on your preferences and desired activities. You can choose a destination, select a season, and the platform will provide you with information and recommendations tailored to your choices.

5. Is "Plan Your Vacation with Know Your Seasons" only for summer vacations?

No, "Plan Your Vacation with Know Your Seasons" is not limited to summer vacations. It covers all seasons, including spring, summer, fall, and winter, to help people plan their vacations throughout the year. This can be especially helpful for those looking to plan a trip during off-peak seasons or for specific seasonal activities.