Speed of light vs speed of time

In summary, the speed of light is a constant, but depending on where an observer is in the universe, their clock may show a different elapsed time for a given measurement of the speed of light. There may be more to this theory than what is currently known, but it is still plausible.
markonline
i submit a question to the physics community.

take the whole twin paradox into account. ok.

now time is relative to speed, and also gravity, yeah.

now in physics we measure the speed of light as a constant though for time it is variable (ultimately due to the effect on us)

electromagnetic waves(which light is also a variance of) have been measured to travel slower passed an object with a large gravitational field.

now if someone is traveling further away from the solar system, invariably getting further away from close proximity of gravitational masses) would he not start traveling a faster measured length of speed while maintaining the time dilation he has created due to accelerating ?

Physics news on Phys.org
so my question is y have the speed of light as a constant if it does change while having the same amount of time dialation(e.g infinite for electromagnetism)

i mmean electromagnetic waves not electromagnetism, I'm on holiday

umm... I'm really not sure what you're getting at. But the speed of light (in vacuum) is a constant, 299792458 m/s.

I can sort of see what you're trying to ask, but this statement

"now time is relative to speed, and also gravity," is not a good way to say that clocks that are in different gravitational environments, or moving relative to one and other, will show different elapsed times when compared at one place.

Think of the universe as a collection of observers with clocks. Some are on rocks like us, some are in spaceships and so on. If they each do an experiment using their clocks and rulers to measure the speed of light, they will all get the same number ( after converting to a common unit base ). It would not matter if the light used in the experiment came from a local laser or through the lab window from a distant or close star or planet or whatever.

i just reckon that it all hasn't been examined using more information that was available than at the time it was theorised. i mean it works reeally well i just believe that there is more to it

does anyone reputable have any comments ?

1. What is the speed of light?

The speed of light is a physical constant that represents the maximum speed at which energy, information, and matter can travel in the universe. In a vacuum, the speed of light is approximately 299,792,458 meters per second.

2. What is the speed of time?

The speed of time is a concept that is often misunderstood. Time itself does not have a speed, it is a measurement of the duration of events. However, the perception of time can vary depending on an observer's relative speed and gravitational influences.

3. How do the speeds of light and time relate?

Einstein's theory of relativity states that the speed of light is constant and cannot be exceeded. This means that as an object approaches the speed of light, time slows down for that object. This phenomenon is known as time dilation.

4. Is it possible to travel at the speed of light?

According to the laws of physics, it is not possible for an object with mass to travel at the speed of light. As an object approaches the speed of light, its mass would become infinite, making it impossible to accelerate further. However, massless particles, such as photons, can travel at the speed of light.

5. Can time travel be achieved by traveling at the speed of light?

While time dilation allows for the perception of time to slow down for an object traveling at the speed of light, it does not allow for time travel in the traditional sense. The traveler would still experience time passing normally, but observers on Earth would see time passing slower for the traveler. Additionally, time travel into the past would require the violation of other principles of physics, making it currently impossible.