XKCD Comics - Why haven't I found this site before?

• Thread starter Drakkith
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Genius
In summary, this conversation discusses the discovery of a website, particularly the comic xkcd, and mentions other similar websites. The conversation also touches on the topic of spending time on the internet versus living life. The conversation ends with a humorous exchange about the number of posts on the website and a reference to another popular webcomic, The Perry Bible Fellowship.
Drakkith
Mentor
Why haven't I found this site before??
This is awesome! Especially this one: http://xkcd.com/621/

Physics news on Phys.org
You didn't? How is that possible?
There are more gems like this one, that you'll find if you read all the posts on PF. :devil:

I like Serena said:
You didn't? How is that possible?
There are more gems like this one, that you'll find if you read all the posts on PF. :devil:

But then I wouldn't have any time to live life!

Huh? You have a life beyond PF? :confused:

I like Serena said:
Huh? You have a life beyond PF? :confused:

Umm, 3600+ posts in 1 year. You decide.

Drakkith said:

Uhm, I'll tell you in half a year.

I like Serena said:

:rofl:

Drakkith said:

(Almost) 5000 posts in 1 year here. Haha :biggrin:

micromass said:
You didn't know XKCD? What? Blasphemy!
Drakkith said:
I know! Get the torches and pitchforks and burn him! Err, me. Maybe I should run...

Isn't there an XKCD on that? :smile:

I always liked the perry bible fellowship a bit more. There are 50 bad xkcd for every good one.

PBF237-Lyles_Constant.gif

PBF219-Transfer_Patient.gif

PBF061-Kitty_Stuck.jpg

PBF205-Robin_Hood.jpg

I like Serena said:

Nope. Half year is still not finished.

Drakkith said:
Why haven't I found this site before??
This is awesome! Especially this one: http://xkcd.com/621/

Hover your mouse over the cartoon for an extra punchline. Often those are funnier than the printed ones :smile:.

1. What is "XKCD Genius"?

"XKCD Genius" is a website that uses machine learning algorithms to analyze and explain the popular webcomic XKCD. It provides detailed explanations for the scientific, mathematical, and technological references in each comic strip.

2. How does "XKCD Genius" work?

The website uses natural language processing and computer vision techniques to identify and interpret the content of each XKCD comic. It then cross-references this information with a database of scientific and technical knowledge to provide accurate explanations.

3. Is "XKCD Genius" accurate?

While the website strives to provide accurate explanations, it is important to remember that XKCD is a work of fiction and may contain exaggerated or hypothetical scenarios. The explanations provided by "XKCD Genius" are based on the current scientific understanding but may not always be applicable in real-life situations.

4. Can I submit my own explanations to "XKCD Genius"?

At the moment, the website does not have a feature for user-submitted explanations. However, the team behind "XKCD Genius" is constantly working to improve and expand the website, so this may be a possibility in the future.

5. Is "XKCD Genius" affiliated with XKCD or its creator, Randall Munroe?

No, "XKCD Genius" is an independent website and is not affiliated with XKCD or its creator. It is simply a fan-made project created to provide additional insights and explanations for the popular webcomic.