Question about entanglement and the chines photon polarazation entanglement experimen

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of using entangled photons to communicate information faster than the speed of light. The participants question whether the polarization change can be observed multiple times per entanglement and if this could be used to send Morse code indefinitely. However, it is noted that it is impossible to use entanglement for FTL communication. The conversation ends with a reference to Einstein and Charlie Sheen.
jadrian
the entangled photon was sent 10 miles i believe, doesn't matter.

my question is, once the polarization change is viewed on the receiving end, can the observation of the entangled photons ppolarization change be viewed more than once per entanglement?

or could the two ends essentially send morse code information instantaneously forever by changing the photons polarization?
because that would be a major problem.

Physics news on Phys.org

You can never use entanglement to communicate information FTL.

jadrian said:
the entangled photon was sent 10 miles i believe, doesn't matter.

my question is, once the polarization change is viewed on the receiving end, can the observation of the entangled photons ppolarization change be viewed more than once per entanglement?

or could the two ends essentially send morse code information instantaneously forever by changing the photons polarization?
because that would be a major problem.

Ken G said:
You can never use entanglement to communicate information FTL.

thats what i thought. einstein and charlie sheen still winning

1. What is entanglement?

Entanglement is a phenomenon in quantum mechanics where two or more particles become connected in such a way that the state of one particle is dependent on the state of the other, even if they are physically separated.

2. How is entanglement related to the Chinese photon polarization entanglement experiment?

The Chinese photon polarization entanglement experiment is a demonstration of the phenomenon of entanglement, where two photons are created in a single quantum state and exhibit correlated behavior even when separated by large distances.

3. How was the Chinese photon polarization entanglement experiment conducted?

In the experiment, two photons are created through a process called spontaneous parametric down-conversion. The photons are then separated and measured for their polarization states, which are found to be correlated in a way that is not possible with classical particles.

4. What are the potential applications of entanglement and the Chinese photon polarization entanglement experiment?

Entanglement has potential applications in quantum computing, cryptography, and communication. The Chinese photon polarization entanglement experiment specifically has implications for secure communication over long distances.

5. Is entanglement a proven phenomenon?

Yes, entanglement has been observed in numerous experiments and is a well-established phenomenon in quantum mechanics. The Chinese photon polarization entanglement experiment is just one of many examples of entanglement that have been successfully demonstrated in the lab.