Help in uploading video onto Youtube.

In summary, the conversation discusses the process of uploading a video onto Youtube. It mentions using a Nikon SLR to record the video in .MOV format and asks if that file type is compatible with Youtube. It also brings up the issue of large file sizes and asks for instructions on how to upload the video. The conversation ends with the person thanking others for their help and stating that they are ready to try uploading the video. The suggested solution is to create a Youtube/Google account, log in, and drag and drop the .MOV file into the upload area.
yungman
I never upload video onto Youtube.

1) I can video tape ".MOV" with my Nikon SLR. Can I upload onto Youtube?
2) The file is very large, would that be a problem? If so, what can I do?
3) Any instruction how to upload to Youtube?

Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
I've uploaded .mov files that came from my Nikon D7000.

If you don't already have a Youtube/Google account, create one. Log in. Click the "upload" link at the top of the page. Drag the file into the "Upload" area and drop it there.

Likes 1 person
Thank you both. I just made the video ( quite new to me!). Now I am really to try uploading it.

Thanks

for reaching out for help with uploading a video onto Youtube. I am happy to assist you with this task. To answer your first question, you can definitely upload a video from your Nikon SLR onto Youtube. Youtube accepts a variety of file formats, including .MOV, so you should not have any issues with compatibility.

In regards to the large file size, this may be a problem as Youtube has a limit on the file size for uploads. However, there are ways to compress the video file without compromising its quality. You can use video editing software or online tools to reduce the file size before uploading it to Youtube.

As for instructions on how to upload to Youtube, the process is fairly simple. You can visit Youtube's help center or search for tutorials online for step-by-step guidance. In summary, you will need to create a Youtube account, click on the upload button, select your video file, add a title and description, and choose your privacy settings before finally publishing the video.

I hope this helps and please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Best of luck with your video upload!

1. How do I upload a video onto YouTube?

To upload a video onto YouTube, first log into your YouTube account. Then, click on the camera icon in the top right corner of the screen. Select the video you want to upload from your computer and click "Open." Fill in the necessary information, such as title, description, and tags, and click "Publish."

2. What is the maximum video size for YouTube?

The maximum video size for YouTube is 128 GB or 12 hours, whichever is less. However, it is recommended to keep your video file size below 128 MB to ensure faster upload times.

3. Can I upload a video from my phone to YouTube?

Yes, you can upload a video from your phone to YouTube. You can either use the YouTube app on your phone or access the YouTube website through your phone's browser. Follow the same steps as you would on a computer to upload the video.

4. How long does it take for a video to upload on YouTube?

The time it takes for a video to upload on YouTube depends on the size and quality of the video, as well as your internet connection. Generally, a 5-minute video can take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour to upload.

5. Can I edit my video after uploading it onto YouTube?

Yes, you can edit your video after uploading it onto YouTube. Simply go to your video on YouTube and click on the "Edit Video" button. From there, you can make changes to the title, description, tags, and even trim or add music to your video.