Proofs advice/places to find more practice proofs

• Thread starter Mark
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Proofs
In summary, the best way to approach learning proofs is to first understand the fundamental concepts and definitions, practice solving simple proofs, and review sample proofs. To find more practice proofs, resources such as textbooks, online tutorials, and practice problem websites are available. To improve proof writing skills, practice and receive feedback, pay attention to structure and logic, and analyze well-written proofs. When solving difficult proofs, break them down into smaller parts, identify given information, make connections between concepts, and use visual aids. There is no specific format for writing proofs, but following a logical and organized structure is important.
Mark
Hey I have 2 quick questions...

1) Any advice for proofs, I am just starting with them, and wondering how I can make good proofs, i know very little about the now :| anything that other people expierienced while starting proofs would be great, (its grade 12 algebra)

2) Anyone know where i can find additional proof questions? Preferably having nothing to do with calculus, because...i haven't really learned that yet.

Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

Physics news on Phys.org

Geometry and Discrete Mathematics?...

1. What is the best way to approach learning proofs?

The best way to approach learning proofs is to first understand the fundamental concepts and definitions in the topic you are studying. Then, practice solving simple proofs and gradually move on to more complex ones. It is also helpful to review and analyze sample proofs to understand the techniques and strategies used.

2. Where can I find more practice proofs?

There are various resources available for finding more practice proofs, such as textbooks, online tutorials, and practice problem websites. You can also ask your teacher or mentor for additional practice materials.

3. How can I improve my proof writing skills?

One way to improve your proof writing skills is to constantly practice and receive feedback. Pay attention to the structure and logic of your proofs and try to identify areas for improvement. You can also read and analyze well-written proofs to learn from different writing styles.

4. Are there any tips for solving difficult proofs?

When faced with a difficult proof, it is important to break it down into smaller, more manageable parts. Start by identifying the given information and what you need to prove. Then, try to make connections between different concepts and use visual aids, such as diagrams or charts, to help you understand the problem better.

5. Is there a specific format for writing proofs?

There is no specific format for writing proofs, but it is important to follow a logical and organized structure. This typically includes stating the given information, any relevant definitions or theorems, and the steps taken to arrive at the solution. It is also important to clearly label and justify each step in your proof.