Uncovering a Fantasy Novel: Can You Help Identify This Mysterious Tale?

In summary, Jack Chalker's River of the Dancing Gods series is a light-hearted look at a series of rules that govern a chosen people's world. The main character, a young barbarian, finds himself in other bodies and dimensions, often learning new things about sex and life.
TheStatutoryApe
Looking For A Fantasy Novel...

A while back someone told me about a fantasy novel that he was reading and I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.
These are the things about the story that I remember him referring to. It seemed that it was about a ragtag group of people on some sort of quest(pretty generic there I know). If I remember correctly they were traveling between different worlds or dimensions. In one of these worlds in particular there were certain rules inforced by reality. All swords had to be named. All females must be scantily clad at all times. Ummm I think those are the only rules I can remember.
The main character I believe was a kid and he found himself in the body of a barbarian. Another was a nymph or elf of somesort that kept changing bodies and was a nymphomaniac or needed to have sex to survive or some such thing.
Meh... It's been so long I barely remember anything about it.
Anyone have any idea based on this much though?

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank You!

"recipie for a piece of crap story" ~ Anon Y. Mous

..Playboy?

love to. .

Lol... I actually just skimmed your review of it in the Book Review thread a little while ago. I'll have to make sure to look into that one. Never read any Stephen King before.

I was looking for a specific series and I'm pretty sure that Bystander found it.

Wow somebody reads my posts!

Score one for the home team!

My first Stephen King books were the Dark Tower series, and now he's my favorite author. :biggrin:

Chalker does take a couple friendly shots at King toward the end of the series --- King could have made up the "rules for trilogies" and Chalker borrowed them.

What makes a fantasy novel unique?

A fantasy novel is unique because it typically takes place in a fictional world with its own set of rules and magical elements. It often involves supernatural creatures and magical abilities that do not exist in the real world.

What are common themes found in fantasy novels?

Common themes in fantasy novels include good vs. evil, the power of love and friendship, and the hero's journey. Fantasy novels often explore complex ideas and challenge the reader's imagination.

How do authors create believable fantasy worlds?

Authors create believable fantasy worlds by carefully developing their fictional world's history, geography, and culture. They also establish consistent rules for magic and supernatural elements to make the world feel more realistic.

What are some popular subgenres of fantasy?

Some popular subgenres of fantasy include high fantasy, urban fantasy, and dark fantasy. High fantasy takes place in a completely fictional world, while urban fantasy is set in a modern, urban environment. Dark fantasy often includes horror elements and explores darker themes.

How do fantasy novels reflect society and humanity?

Fantasy novels often use fantastical elements to explore real-world issues and reflect on society and humanity. They can also offer commentary on social and political issues in a unique and thought-provoking way.