I can't understand this circuit

• Thread starter kliker
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuit
In summary, the conversation discusses simplifying a circuit by removing ground connections and connecting the battery to the other end of each resistor with a straight wire. The second circuit shown does not make sense and requires further clarification.
kliker
[PLAIN]http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/2739/image3sz.png

what is this circuit? can someone explain me? please I need to understand the basics in order to solve difficult exercises

thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
All the connections to the ground are at the same potential. This means that you can replace the ground connections with a straight wire connecting the other end of the battery to the other end of each resistor. Redraw the circuit then and see if it makes more sense to you.

kuruman said:
All the connections to the ground are at the same potential. This means that you can replace the ground connections with a straight wire connecting the other end of the battery to the other end of each resistor. Redraw the circuit then and see if it makes more sense to you.

thank you for the explanation what if the circuit was something like this

[PLAIN]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/7705/26466399.jpg

is it possible to simplify it like you did with the first circuit?

Last edited by a moderator:
This circuit doesn't make much sense. You show only the "high" side of the battery. What is the "low" end of the battery connected to? Assuming the convention that the "low" side is grounded, then you can remove the two grounds and connect the low end of the battery to the other end with a straight wire.

kuruman said:
This circuit doesn't make much sense. You show only the "high" side of the battery. What is the "low" end of the battery connected to? Assuming the convention that the "low" side is grounded, then you can remove the two grounds and connect the low end of the battery to the other end with a straight wire.

thanks I understand it now

What is a circuit?

A circuit is a closed loop of conductive material that allows electricity to flow through it. It typically consists of a power source, wires, and various components such as resistors, capacitors, and transistors.

Why can't I understand this circuit?

Understanding a circuit can be difficult because it involves complex concepts such as voltage, current, and resistance. It also requires knowledge of circuit diagrams, symbols, and calculations. It may take time and practice to fully comprehend a circuit.

How can I learn to understand circuits?

There are various resources available to help you understand circuits, such as textbooks, online tutorials, and classes. It is also helpful to start with the basics and gradually build on your knowledge. Experimenting with simple circuits can also aid in understanding.

What are some common mistakes when trying to understand a circuit?

Some common mistakes when trying to understand a circuit include confusing symbols, forgetting to take into account the direction of current flow, and not properly accounting for the effects of different components on the circuit's behavior.

What are some tips for understanding a circuit?

To better understand a circuit, it is important to carefully analyze the circuit diagram, identify all components and their values, and use equations and calculations to determine the behavior of the circuit. It can also be helpful to break the circuit down into smaller parts and analyze each part individually before putting it all together.