Where is Osama now?

• News
  • Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a conspiracy theory that the Bush administration has secretly captured Osama bin Laden and is waiting to reveal his capture as an "October surprise" before the election. This theory has been mentioned by prominent Democrats and has been met with criticism and disbelief. However, there are some who believe that it is not completely unreasonable that Osama may have been closely trailed and could be captured soon.
Saint
the democratic said bush had actually caught osama, but hid him somewhere?

Physics news on Phys.org
Me having the reputation of being a "Bush basher" lately, even I can admit that this is a conspiracy theory.

Saint said:
the democratic said bush had actually caught osama, but hid him somewhere?

Yes, that's right. He's hidden Osama inside the housing bubble. That way, when the bubble bursts, people won't feel so deeply in $#!t...'cause guess what : out comes Osama ! :biggrin: :wink:

This is ridiculous conspiracy, however, if it did happen, I would be calling for a lynching of Mr. Bush. And I presently support him more than I do Kerry.

Heck, phatmonky...a couple months ago you were nearly ready to jump the fence. Damn !

http://slate.msn.com/id/2107193/
Flirting With Disaster
The vile spectacle of Democrats rooting for bad news in Iraq and Afghanistan.
By Christopher Hitchens
Posted Monday, Sept. 27, 2004, at 11:35 AM PT

There it was at the tail end of Brian Faler's "Politics" roundup column in last Saturday's Washington Post. It was headed, simply, "Quotable":

"I wouldn't be surprised if he appeared in the next month." Teresa Heinz Kerry to the Phoenix Business Journal, referring to a possible capture of Osama bin Laden before Election Day.

As well as being "quotable" (and I wish it had been more widely reported, and I hope that someone will ask the Kerry campaign or the nominee himself to disown it), this is also many other words ending in "-able." Deplorable, detestable, unforgivable. …

The plain implication is that the Bush administration is stashing Bin Laden somewhere, or somehow keeping his arrest in reserve, for an "October surprise." This innuendo would appear, on the face of it, to go a little further than "impugning the patriotism" of the president. It argues, after all, for something like collusion on his part with a man who has murdered thousands of Americans as well as hundreds of Muslim civilians in other countries.

Continue Article

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not one of those who likes to tease Mrs. Kerry for her "loose cannon" style. This is only the second time I have ever mentioned her in print. But I happen to know that this is not an instance of loose lips. She has heard that very remark being made by senior Democrats, and—which is worse—she has not heard anyone in her circle respond to it by saying, "Don't be so bloody stupid." I first heard this "October surprise" theory mentioned seriously, by a prominent foreign-policy Democrat, at an open dinner table in Washington about six months ago. Since then, I've heard it said seriously or semiseriously, by responsible and liberal people who ought to know better, all over the place. It got even worse when the Democratic establishment decided on an arm's-length or closer relationship with Michael Moore and his supposedly vote-getting piece of mendacity and paranoia, Fahrenheit 9/11. (The DNC's boss, Terence McAuliffe, asked outside the Uptown cinema on Connecticut Avenue whether he honestly believed that the administration had invaded Afghanistan for the sake of an oil or perhaps gas pipeline, breezily responded, "I do now.")

What will it take to convince these people that this is not a year, or a time, to be dicking around? Americans are patrolling a front line in Afghanistan, where it would be impossible with 10 times the troop strength to protect all potential voters on Oct. 9 from Taliban/al-Qaida murder and sabotage. We are invited to believe that these hard-pressed soldiers of ours take time off to keep Osama Bin Laden in a secret cave, ready to uncork him when they get a call from Karl Rove? For shame.

My forecast is that by this time next month...The Dem's will be declaring that "Bush lied when he claimed he'd have Osama captured by the end of the month!"
Just the way the DCN seems to be operating this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gokul43201 said:
Heck, phatmonky...a couple months ago you were nearly ready to jump the fence. Damn !

I've still got one foot in the air ;) My eyes are still on Iraq and the deficit, don't worry. I haven't made my mind up yet, but I'm leaning towards Bush right now. In reality, I'd rather neither :redface:

what if, by dumb chance, we do find osama in october. will the president take a beating for this?

I doubt it. Those who are already pro-Bush would never believe such a thing was orchestrated, and even his worst enemies would haev to scoff at it. If Ossama's caught (and wouldn't it be beutifull if they could take him alive!?), Bush will come out with the news imediately, and only the worst crackpots will find anything "fishy" about it. (Moore might make a movie, but it's not going to affect sane people.)

I doubt it. Those who are already pro-Bush would never believe such a thing was orchestrated, and even his worst enemies would haev to scoff at it. If Ossama's caught (and wouldn't it be beutifull if they could take him alive!?), Bush will come out with the news imediately, and only the worst crackpots will find anything "fishy" about it. (Moore might make a movie, but it's not going to affect sane people.)

Has any Democrat of any political or social importance actually said this, or has it just been a few random people who're registered democrats?

According to kat's post, Teresa Heinz Kerry has said this. I think she would fall into your group of people with "political or social importance".

Didn't read Kat's post, I'm real lazy. That's actually cool that Teresa has the gall to say stuff like that, I really like that woman :biggrin:

Add me to the list of nuts that thinks it's not totally unreasonable that we may have been closely trailing Osama for a while and conveniently capture him sometime soon.

if by that you mean he's being held in custody somewhere and will 'conveniently' be brought back to america in chains right before the election.. then yeah that's possible.

wasteofo2 said:
Didn't read Kat's post, I'm real lazy. That's actually cool that Teresa has the gall to say stuff like that, I really like that woman :biggrin:

That makes me puke a little in my mouth.

phatmonky said:
Ah well, you've said your fair share of things that have made me have little seizures, so I think it's only fair.

Good god, and opinionated Woman, what next, will they want to own property, have equal rights, be able to speak their mind, OR EVEN VOTE?!

phatmonky said:
Did you swallow? :bugeye: :eek:

wasteofo2 said:
Good god, and opinionated Woman, what next, will they want to own property, have equal rights, be able to speak their mind, OR EVEN VOTE?!
There's a really fine line between being opinionated and having diarhea of the mouth.

Yeah I agree, almost as thin as the line between sarcasm and reality.

kat said:
There's a really fine line between being opinionated and having diarhea of the mouth.
Next time Rush Limbaugh says that Liberals want there to be more terrorist attacks on America, want the economy to fail, want there to be more deaths in Iraq, and want Democracy in Iraq to fail, I'll be sure to make a fuss about it and say he's got urine in his throat, as he has much more power in politics than the woman who may be First Lady. Hell, next time Bush says Iraq's going great, I'll say he's got poop in his brain. And just because it's Tuesday, next time Rumsfeld says anything at all I complain about him having semen in his nose.

wasteofo2 said:
Next time Rush Limbaugh says that Liberals want there to be more terrorist attacks on America, want the economy to fail, want there to be more deaths in Iraq, and want Democracy in Iraq to fail, I'll be sure to make a fuss about it and say he's got urine in his throat, as he has much more power in politics than the woman who may be First Lady. Hell, next time Bush says Iraq's going great, I'll say he's got poop in his brain. And just because it's Tuesday, next time Rumsfeld says anything at all I complain about him having semen in his nose.

Lol, other then your use of so many "potty" words I just don't see the connection. Terry's mouth is creating big problems for Kerry. As much as I might enjoy her as a person, as a potential first lady she's not helping him a bit. In fact, I was amazed to see words like "immasculating" (spell?) thrown around by feminist.

wasteofo2 said:
Ah well, you've said your fair share of things that have made me have little seizures, so I think it's only fair.

I can see how you could confuse my disgust with TH Kerry's personality with disgust of women owning property, having equa...oh wait, I can't.

phatmonky said:
I can see how you could confuse my disgust with TH Kerry's personality with disgust of women owning property, having equa...oh wait, I can't.
Man, getting sarcasm across over the internet's hard. I didn't mean it the way you interpereted it, it was meant to be a jab at you, not trying to show you don't think women should own property etc. but to say things as ridiculous as you sometimes say that give me little seizures when I read them.

I'll stick to being more blunt in the future.

wasteofo2 said:
Man, getting sarcasm across over the internet's hard. ...

I'll stick to being more blunt in the future.

Yes, I just read through the debacle between you and Ivan, at the foreign Prez thread.

That was probably because he doesn't have a feel for your slant yet.

I'm just testing my first post. In about 2 weeks, I'll see you guys for 4h a day here. ^_^

Howdy Protoman ! Welcome to PF Politics :wink:

I see you've got your future meticulously planned out.

What evidence is there to suggest that Bush caught and hid Osama Bin Laden?

There is no evidence to suggest that this actually happened. The official story is that Osama Bin Laden was killed by US Navy SEALs in a raid on his compound in Pakistan in 2011.

Why do some people believe that Bush caught and hid Osama Bin Laden?

There are various conspiracy theories that suggest the government, particularly former President George W. Bush, may have played a role in the death or disappearance of Osama Bin Laden. However, these theories lack credible evidence and are largely considered to be false.

Did anyone from the Bush administration ever claim responsibility for catching and hiding Osama Bin Laden?

No, there is no record of anyone from the Bush administration claiming responsibility for this alleged act.

What is the official explanation for Osama Bin Laden's death?

The official story, as stated by the US government, is that Osama Bin Laden was killed by Navy SEALs in a raid on his compound in Pakistan on May 2, 2011. His body was then buried at sea.

Is there any evidence to support the theory that Bush caught and hid Osama Bin Laden?

No, there is no credible evidence to support this theory. The official story of Osama Bin Laden's death has been corroborated by multiple sources and investigations.