Pioneer 10 Anomaly: Revising GR Physics Model with Intriguing "Nudges

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of physics, specifically GR and spacecraft anomalies. The speaker has developed a model that addresses the Pioneer's anomaly and is looking for a platform to publish and have it reviewed. They mention being an Aero/EE and not being part of the physics mainstream. There is a discussion about forum rules and the importance of publishing in reputable journals. Ultimately, it is suggested to first test the theory in the Independent Research forum and then submit it to journals that are regularly read.
JimP10Anomaly
This area of physics (GR and spacecraft anomalies) have intrigued me for years.

I have discovered a few things and developed a model that seems to fit the Pioneer's anomaly, with a couple of intriguing "nudges" to our existing GR physics model. Would like to publish and or have the concept reviewed. I am a Aero/EE so not in the physics publish mainstream. The model does reveal something new "solid" I don't think has been discussed in the mainstream yet. It is elegant, simple and includes new physics.

I admire the work JPL's team Anderson et al. has done and believe they are on a similar track.

Jim

Physics news on Phys.org
Alright, so out with it.

Nabeshin said:
Alright, so out with it.
Careful! If he discusses the idea here before it is published, he will receive warnings, infractions or worse.

@OP: read the forum rules.

Welcome to Physics Forums, Jim!

Please click on the "Rules" link at the top of any page here, and note the section Overly Speculative Posts. The only place here where we permit discussion of personal theories that are not already "out there" in the professional scientific community (usually this means published in a peer-reviewed professional journal), is in our Independent Research forum. You'll find a link to it, and a link to its guidelines, on the rules page.

Roger all that. It has always been under wraps and will remain. My question is what would be a good society / publication to get it reviewed ? APS ?

JimP10Anomaly said:
Roger all that. It has always been under wraps and will remain. My question is what would be a good society / publication to get it reviewed ? APS ?

You could first try testing the waters of your theory in the Independent Research forum, as jtbell pointed-out.

You should be publishing in the same journals you are reading.

(And if you aren't reading the journals, how do you know your idea is new and correct?)

Vanadium 50 said:
You should be publishing in the same journals you are reading.
That is a good "rule of thumb". Another one would be to look at your list of references and submit it to the journal that you referenced most often.

1. What is the Pioneer 10 anomaly and why is it significant?

The Pioneer 10 anomaly refers to the unexplained acceleration observed in the spacecraft's trajectory as it traveled through our solar system. This anomaly has puzzled scientists for decades and has sparked debates about the accuracy of our current understanding of gravity and the laws of physics.

2. How does the Pioneer 10 anomaly challenge our current understanding of physics?

The anomaly suggests that there may be a force or phenomenon that we have not yet accounted for in our current understanding of gravity. This challenges the widely accepted theory of general relativity and calls for a revision of our current physics model.

3. What are some proposed explanations for the Pioneer 10 anomaly?

Some scientists propose that the anomaly could be caused by the uneven thermal radiation emitted by the spacecraft or the presence of unknown objects or particles in the solar system. Others suggest that it could be a result of a modification of gravity at large distances.

4. How can studying the Pioneer 10 anomaly help advance our understanding of physics?

The anomaly presents an opportunity to test and refine our current understanding of gravity and the laws of physics. By analyzing and trying to explain the anomaly, scientists can gain new insights and potentially discover new phenomena that could lead to a more accurate and comprehensive model of physics.

5. What are the implications of revising the current GR physics model?

A revised physics model could have far-reaching implications for our understanding of the universe. It could potentially explain other unexplained phenomena, such as dark matter and dark energy, and open new avenues for scientific exploration and advancements. It could also have practical applications in fields such as space travel and communication.