My Rs.50 DIY Pulsejet Engine - See Video & Pictures

In summary, a pulsejet engine is a type of jet engine that uses pulses of combustion to generate thrust. It is a simple and lightweight design, often used in hobby projects and small-scale aircraft. The engine works by drawing in air through an intake valve, compressing it, and then igniting it with a spark plug. It is possible to build your own pulsejet engine with basic materials and tools, but it is important to follow safety precautions and have a good understanding of the principles behind its operation. The cost of building a pulsejet engine can vary, but it can typically be built for under $50 using household items and scrap metal. While pulsejet engines can be safely operated with proper precautions, they can also be dangerous if not
ganuganu
this is a small pulsejet designed by me..it produces around 2pounds thrust..This is the cheapest pulsejet engine you could make it costs around Rs.50..i will post the video tomorrow because i forgot to take my cellphone with me..But here is the engine pictures.

here is the plan..
here is the video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DayliTRx8g&feature=channel_video_title

Attachments

• 07062011188.jpg
    07062011188.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 374
  • 07062011189.jpg
    07062011189.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 372
  • qwwe.jpg
    qwwe.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 392
Engineering news on Phys.org
here is the self sustained video of my engine..

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is a pulsejet engine?

A pulsejet engine is a type of jet engine that uses pulses of combustion to generate thrust. It is a simple and lightweight design, often used in hobby projects and small-scale aircraft.

2. How does a pulsejet engine work?

A pulsejet engine works by drawing in air through an intake valve, compressing it, and then igniting it with a spark plug. This creates a rapid expansion of gases, which are then expelled through an exhaust valve, generating thrust.

3. Can I build my own pulsejet engine?

Yes, it is possible to build your own pulsejet engine with basic materials and tools. However, it is important to follow safety precautions and have a good understanding of the principles behind the engine's operation.

4. How much does it cost to build a pulsejet engine?

The cost of building a pulsejet engine can vary depending on the materials and tools you already have available. However, it can typically be built for under $50 using household items and scrap metal.

5. Is it safe to operate a pulsejet engine?

While pulsejet engines can be safely operated with proper precautions, they can also be dangerous if not handled correctly. It is important to follow safety guidelines and have a clear understanding of how the engine works before attempting to operate it.