Why no Electronic Engineering sub forum?

• Thread starter Alex_Sanders
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of changing the title of the Engineering forum to Electrical/Electronic Engineering for the sake of traffic. However, previous threads show that a significant demand for an electronics engineering sub-forum may not exist. The suggestion to rename the forum is met with the response that there is already an Electrical Engineering forum and no need to add the word electronic.
Alex_Sanders
Under the Engineering category? I think if it's for the sake of traffic, then may be changing the title to Electrical/Electronic Engineering?

Physics news on Phys.org
The relevant thing to take from Zz's links is that we add a sub-forum when there is significant demand for it i.e. we get plentiful threads started on the topic. I'm not sure if the case could be made for electronics engineering.

We have an Electrical Engineering forum already. Are you asking that the name be changed to Electrical/Electronic Engineering? I don't see the need to add the word electronic.

Evo said:
We have an Electrical Engineering forum already. Are you asking that the name be changed to Electrical/Electronic Engineering? I don't see the need to add the word electronic.

+1.0

1. Why is there no sub forum specifically for Electronic Engineering?

The decision to not have a separate sub forum for Electronic Engineering was likely made by the administrators of the website. There may be limited resources or a specific focus on other fields of science and engineering.

2. Can I still discuss Electronic Engineering topics in other sub forums?

Yes, you can discuss Electronic Engineering topics in other sub forums that are related to your specific area of interest. For example, you can discuss electronics in the Electrical Engineering sub forum or computer engineering in the Computer Science sub forum.

3. Is there a reason why Electronic Engineering is not considered a separate field of study?

Electronic Engineering is a subfield of Electrical Engineering, which focuses on the design and development of electronic devices and systems. Therefore, it is not considered a separate field of study and is often included under the broader umbrella of Electrical Engineering.

4. Are there any alternative forums or websites for discussing Electronic Engineering?

Yes, there are many online forums and websites dedicated to discussing Electronic Engineering topics. Some popular ones include Electronics Stack Exchange, EEVblog, and All About Circuits. These platforms may have more specific and active communities for discussing Electronic Engineering.

5. Can I suggest adding an Electronic Engineering sub forum to this website?

You can certainly suggest adding an Electronic Engineering sub forum to the website, but ultimately the decision lies with the administrators. You can reach out to them through the website's contact form or through any community forums they may have. Your suggestion may be considered for future updates or changes to the website.