Inorganic Chemistry by Khadakov

In summary, the conversation is about a person's search for a good inorganic chemistry book. They have come across the book "Inorganic Chemistry" by Khodakov, published by MIR Publishers. They are interested in buying it because of their positive experience with MIR's books on physics and mathematics. However, they are unable to find any reviews or preview of the book, and are hoping someone who owns a copy can share their views. They also request for the table of contents, as they want to know if it covers the topics in their course. The book is not available on popular online stores like Amazon, but can be found on some Indian online stores. The conversation also touches upon the use of MIR Publishers and their translated
Saitama
Hello all!
I have been searching for a good inorganic chemistry book. I came across the book Inorganic Chemistry by Khadakov. This book is by MIR Publishers which is the reason i have made this thread. Unfortunately, since this isn't a popular book, i found no reviews and preview for this book. Its available in my country, some Indian publishers are republishing MIR books. I am interested in buying this because books by MIR on Physics and Mathematics are great but i have no idea about the Chemistry books by them. I hope some of you may own a copy of it, please kindly share your views on this book.

Thank you!

PS: Can someone post the table of contents for this book? I would like to know if it covers those topics which are taught in my course.

Physics news on Phys.org
I couldn't find it in the world's largest (book)shop (amazon.com). It must be something exotic.

dextercioby said:
I couldn't find it in the world's largest (book)shop (amazon.com). It must be something exotic.

Yes, it isn't available there, that's why i made this thread. Its available at some Indian online stores. The cover page of the book says it is by MIR Publishers.

I am sorry about the typo in author's name, its Khodakov. I found it on amazon but there are no reviews for it and nothing is mentioned in the description of the book.
Part II: http://www.amazon.com/dp/8123904096/?tag=pfamazon01-20
I can't find the Part I on amazon.

Pranav-Arora said:
This book is by MIR Publishers which is the reason i have made this thread. I am interested in buying this because books by MIR on Physics and Mathematics are great but i have no idea about the Chemistry books by them.

MIR Publishers are out of date in use. you definately talk about I E Irodov and Krotov's Physics books and I A Maron ,G N Berman ,S L Loney etc. one thing to be must noted that MIR was not the original publishers of that Russian Books they only translate it from Russian to English.

If it is not popular then not use it as you have only one reason that it is published by MIR.
I am giving you an example the Feynman Lectures on Physics by CalTech and Berkeley Physics Course by UC Berkeley both published in 1965 is still in use worldwide but Harvard Physics Series by Harvard University published in 1980 not in a wide use today.

You are from India (and if in 12th) you have only three catogeries of competiton.
1.Advance placement test in Chemistry - go to college board website for recommended chemistry books.
2.IIT-JEE - First use NCERT and then look up to last page of Bibiliography. also look on Stikanth's blog jee 2008 AIR#1.
3.Chemistry Olympiad - http://olympiads.hbcse.tifr.res.in/subjects/chemistry/references [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the main focus of "Inorganic Chemistry by Khadakov"?

The main focus of "Inorganic Chemistry by Khadakov" is to provide a comprehensive understanding of the fundamental principles and applications of inorganic chemistry. It covers topics such as atomic structure, chemical bonding, periodic trends, and reactions of inorganic compounds.

2. Who is the intended audience for this book?

This book is intended for undergraduate and graduate students in chemistry, as well as professionals in related fields who are seeking a deeper understanding of inorganic chemistry.

3. Does this book cover both theoretical and practical aspects of inorganic chemistry?

Yes, "Inorganic Chemistry by Khadakov" covers both theoretical and practical aspects of inorganic chemistry. It includes theoretical explanations of concepts and principles, as well as practical examples and applications to real-world problems.

4. How is this book different from other inorganic chemistry textbooks?

This book stands out for its clear and concise explanations, as well as its use of visual aids and examples to enhance understanding. It also includes discussions on modern topics and cutting-edge research in inorganic chemistry.

5. Are there any supplemental resources available for this book?

Yes, there are supplemental resources available for this book, such as online practice problems, study guides, and interactive simulations. These resources can be accessed through the publisher's website or through the author's website.