heating water with amps ohms and time

by speny83
Tags: amps, heating, ohms, time, water
speny83
Sep24-13, 12:40 AM
P: 17
so if i have 89.6g water at 304K and a constant p=1.00bar and i heat it by running 1.75A through 24.7 for 105 seconds what will the final temp be?

im thinking i can take q=mC(Tf-Ti) and q=IT and I=R/V

to say that Tf= (Rt/vCm)+Ti

i cant rember that much about physics and this stuff isnt in my book, yet its on my study list...First off will this work. it appears that it would. Secondly what units would one use to do this

the best i can figure the unit work would be something like (Ω*s)/(v*K-1g-1*g) but this is one of those funny things where i dont know what that corresponds to
Phys.Org News Partner Chemistry news on Phys.org
First view of nature-inspired catalyst after ripping hydrogen apart provides insights for better, cheaper fuel cells
Following a protein's travel inside cells is key to improving patient monitoring, drug development
Team helps cancer treatment drugs get past their sticking point
speny83
Sep24-13, 12:49 AM
P: 17
ya i screwed that up bad I=V/R and I dont have any value for V so no help...what on earth do you do to something like this?
SteamKing
Sep24-13, 02:02 AM
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 5,591
'running 1.75A through 24.7 for 105 seconds'

24.7 what?

You need to review how power is calculated knowing electric current:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_power

Hint: 1 volt times 1 amp = 1 watt of power.

Borek
Sep24-13, 02:34 AM
Admin
P: 22,710

heating water with amps ohms and time

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=712277

Register to reply