Famous physicists related to famous entertainers

• Thread starter ONJ's Noble Steed
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physicists
In summary, Zoobyshoe says that ONJ is Max Born's grandkid, and that she owns Seabiscuit. She also mentions that Alfred Nobel was related to Seabiscuit, and that Zoobyshoe thinks the relationship is obvious.
ONJ's Noble Steed
Are there any examples (besides the obvious one) of a famous physicist who was a blood relative of a famous entertainer?

Physics news on Phys.org
The "obvious" one isn't obvious to me. Who are you talking about?

What about Walter Heisenberg, whose stepmum was Julia Roberts' auntie Mabel?

Or John Cleese, whose daughter married Robert Oppenheimer's little sister's granddaughter Mary?

Does Ada Lovelace, daughter of Lord Byron, count ?

zoobyshoe said:
The "obvious" one isn't obvious to me. Who are you talking about?
Um, the one you might have been able to guess from my screen name. Doesn't ring any bells?

By the way, the ones people gave (were some of those just jokes?) are absolutely ridiculous compared to the one which I said is obvious. Two of those three aren't even blood relatives. Although the last one is pretty interesting. I think I've heard of her at one time or another, but I didn't know she was Lord Byron's daughter.

I probably should have phrased the question more broadly, to include mathematicians and other scientists.

Last edited:
ONJ's Noble Steed said:
Um, the one you might have been able to guess from my screen name. Doesn't ring any bells?
I don't get it. You're saying Alfred Nobel was related to Seabiscuit?

Zoob said:
I don't get it. You're saying Alfred Nobel was related to Seabiscuit?
:rofl: :rofl:

Zoob, Olivia Newton John is Max Born's grandkid.

Last edited:
Gokul43201 said:
:rofl: :rofl:

And she owns Seabiscuit?

zoobyshoe said:
And she owns Seabiscuit?
No, but she once had a thing with the Black Stallion, and once she went black...

pronounced Ein-SHTEEN, of course.

Math Is Hard said:
pronounced Ein-SHTEEN, of course.
Yes!

Gokul43201 said:
Anyway, you meant to say she's Newton's grandkid didn't you? I mean her name's not Olivia Born John, is it?

zoobyshoe said:
Speaking of famous black sheep, looks who's third cousin twice removed I discovered moonlighting as a biographer:

[picture]

(This is an authentic scan of an actual book! Not photoshopped.)
Alfred ! :eek: Ha, a writer, eh...who's going to fall for that one ?! :rolleyes:

Dirichlet was married to Mendelssohn's sister.

I guess he's not exactly a physicist though.

Gokul43201 said:
Alfred ! :eek: Ha, a writer, eh...who's going to fall for that one ?! :rolleyes:
What? Oh, you're right! I thought from the cover Mozart's third cousin twice removed had written a biography of Alfred, but the book does seem to be about Mozart.

Um, zoobyshoe, Seabiscuit died before ONJ was born. Isaac Newton's grandkids (if he had any) would have also died long before she was born.

ONJ's Noble Steed said:
Um, zoobyshoe, Seabiscuit died before ONJ was born.
A fact from which I deduce you, yourself, are not ONJ's noble steed, Seabiscuit, but a poseur.
Isaac Newton's grandkids (if he had any) would have also died long before she was born.
That's obvious. What's not obvious is how anyone can deduce a relationship to any physicist other than Newton from the name Olivia Newton John.

I still have no idea where the horse comes in.

Guess you've never heard the ballad for ONJ's steed, composed by that charismatic yodeler, Blues Steelspring - I think it was called "Born to run"...

Gokul43201 said:
Guess you've never heard the ballad for ONJ's steed, composed by that charismatic yodeler, Blues Steelspring - I think it was called "Born to run"...
I'm familiar with most of his stuff. Didn't he write "Little Weird, Purple Houses"? Or was that John Cootie Mellonhead?

Anyway, maybe she changed it to Newton after realizing Olivia Born John was too suggestive of sex change surgery.

Yeah, Purple Houses was a Mellonhead original...but I was more fond of that pioneering piece, Jack was Diane. Good heartland American values there...they should teach this stuff to little kids in school, rather than those horrendous nursery rhymes - all full of sex and violence.

Last edited:

1. Who are some famous physicists that are also well-known entertainers?

Some famous physicists who are also well-known entertainers include Brian May (guitarist for Queen and astrophysicist), Mayim Bialik (actress on "The Big Bang Theory" and neuroscientist), and Alan Lightman (author and theoretical physicist).

2. Are there any examples of entertainers who have a background in physics?

Yes, there are several examples of entertainers who have a background in physics. Some notable ones include Danica McKellar (actress and mathematician), Dolph Lundgren (actor and chemical engineer), and Brian Cox (musician and physicist).

3. How have these famous physicists incorporated their scientific knowledge into their entertainment careers?

Many famous physicists have incorporated their scientific knowledge into their entertainment careers in various ways. For example, Brian May has written several songs with lyrics inspired by astrophysics, and Mayim Bialik often incorporates science and math concepts into her character's dialogue on "The Big Bang Theory".

4. Are there any famous entertainers who have inspired or influenced famous physicists?

Yes, there are entertainers who have inspired or influenced famous physicists. For instance, Richard Feynman was inspired by jazz and played the bongos, and Stephen Hawking was a fan of "The Simpsons" and even made a guest appearance on the show.

5. What impact have these famous physicists had on the entertainment industry?

The impact of famous physicists on the entertainment industry can be seen in the increasing popularity of science-themed TV shows, movies, and books. They have also helped to bridge the gap between science and the general public, making complex concepts more accessible and interesting through entertainment.