Winning a £4000 Scholarship for Physics at Southampton University

In summary, the speaker has received a £4000 a year scholarship from Southampton University for their physics studies. Southampton has the 3rd best physics department in the UK. The speaker is excited and grateful for the scholarship and hopes to make the most of their studies. Some joking comments were made about the possibility of the speaker sharing the scholarship money with others.
Just some guy
Woo! Free money :)

Well I just got a letter today from Southampton University offering me a £4000 a year scholarship to study physics based on the reslts of an exam I did for them :)

ok, so none of you have probably heard of southampton uni, but apparently it has the 3rd best physics department in the UK, so its not a bad place to go to.

I'm so happy :rofl:

Physics news on Phys.org
Congratulations! Good on ya', mate.

Congratulations. That must have been a nice letter to recieve.

Damn, I was hoping you had a good scam for us! Congrats though!

Much congrats for you.

Congrats!

Have fun too!

Fantastic! That's quite an honor! :approve:

Terrific job! I hope you enjoy your studies. :)

wow! Thats wonderful! Of course I hope you accept it..lol

Congrats! Keep up the good work, and maybe in a few years we'll be nominating you for one of those physics guru awards! :biggrin:

mattmns said:
Damn, I was hoping you had a good scam for us! Congrats though!

i thought the same thing. though maybe, just some guy will now have some cash to spare and he can give us pfers some free money too eh eh?!?

Gale said:
i thought the same thing. though maybe, just some guy will now have some cash to spare and he can give us pfers some free money too eh eh?!?
Well, before he gives any away, I hope he moves into a proper appartment and gets out from under your bed.

1. What are the requirements for applying for the scholarship?

The main requirements for applying for the £4000 Scholarship for Physics at Southampton University are being a current undergraduate student in a physics-related field and having a strong academic record, as well as meeting any additional criteria set by the university or scholarship provider.

2. How do I apply for the scholarship?

You can apply for the scholarship by filling out an application form provided by Southampton University. The form will typically require information about your academic background, extracurricular activities, and personal statement. Make sure to follow all instructions and submit any required documents or essays.

3. What is the deadline for applying for the scholarship?

The deadline for applying for the scholarship may vary depending on the year, but it is typically around early spring. It is important to check the university's website or contact the scholarship provider for the exact deadline and make sure to submit your application before the specified date.

4. How are recipients of the scholarship chosen?

The selection process for the scholarship may vary depending on the provider. Generally, applicants are evaluated based on their academic achievements, personal statement, and any other relevant criteria set by the university or scholarship provider. The chosen recipient will typically be notified through email or letter.

5. Can the scholarship be used for any other major besides physics?

No, the £4000 Scholarship for Physics at Southampton University is specifically for students pursuing a degree in physics. However, there may be other scholarships available for different majors, so it is important to research and apply for those that align with your academic interests and goals.