Can Quotes and Proverbs Transform Your Mindset?

• Thread starter kant
  • Start date
In summary, the two quotes that were provided are about dreaming and success. The first quote says that if you dream for your goals, you will be content. The second quote says that if you are successful, you will earn hatred.
kant
Do you have a favor quotes? proverb? passage?
Something that changes your thinking, and provoke inner thoughts?

Physics news on Phys.org
I just read one a few minutes ago that I led, by the great Greek philosopher and teacher Plato:
They sure do give diseases strange names.

To believe in one's dreams is to spend all of one's life asleep
Author: Chinese Proverb

"I have no dreams, just goals and ambitions"
~Shiv(me)
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary
Author: Ashleigh (Ellwood) Brilliant

No lower can a man descend than to interpret his dreams into gold and silver
Author: Kahlil Gibran
Its time for some of us to wake up.

Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven't planted.
--David Bly

Last edited:
Its modified old one: "I think I am thinking, therefore I think I am. ". Makes you THINK doesn't it :biggrin:

Igor_S said:
Its modified old one: "I think I am thinking, therefore I think I am. ". Makes you THINK doesn't it :biggrin:

If you that, than you like this:

I think, and think, and think of my own thinking?

i think, and think, and think, and think of my own thinking

i think, and think, and think, and think, and think of my own thinking

i think, and think...... and think, and think of my own thinking.

-------

i bet that makes your think, ah?

I have had this one for quite a while:

"Victory breeds hatred. He who has given up both victory and defeat, he is contented and happy."

Victory breeds enmity; the vanquished one dwells in sorrow; the composed person lives happily, disregarding both victory and defeat.

- Dhammapada

"I have a dream"

Some guy who apparently was sleeping. :rolleyes:

There's an old Indian (I think) saying that goes:

"There is no such thing as a hole on your side of the canoe."

I've always been fond of it.

Dwight D. Eisenhower said:
A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.

This space taken up by your friendly forum 10-char limit.

"Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten."

Cree Indian prophecy.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

Abraham Lincoln

"Light is precious in a world so dark." -The Tale of Despereaux.

"Oh yes, I am always cheerful. You know the true philosphy of life is to take things just as they come. How was the clever defination of-let me see, I forget the name-of life? What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind. That's my philosphy...Some of my newspaper enemies come out with a rumor that I was insane, mad, and all that, you know. That's the only reason why I did it, I assure you..."
-Mayor A. Oakey Hall, 1871 shortly after the Times releases of the "Proofs of Guilt" to a reporter (He was a member of the Tweed Ring).

What are you? A man or a mouse? ~Donald D.

"Outside a dog is a man's best freind, inside a dog it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx.

"I wish Marx would acquire some capital instead of writing about it" - Karl Marx's wife when he was writing his book Capital

"Winston! You're Drunk"
Churchill: "Madam, you're ugly, and tomorrow I shall be sober."

All the world's indeed a stage
And we are merely players
Performers and portrayers
Each another's audience
Outside the gilded cage

Artist- Rush
Album- Moving pictures
Title- "Limelight"

"Sucess is measured by how far you bounce after you hit bottom."
-I forgot

"Invention is the mother of necessity."
-Thorstein Veblen (I know it is inverted)

"There is nobody more so irritating as somebody with less intelligence and more sense than we have."
-Don Herold

"I don't meet competition, I crush it."
-Charles Revson

"In our quest for knowledge we find ourselves pushing the limits of imagination.""Fanaticism consists in redoubling your effort when you have forgotten your aim."
-George Santayana

"We hold these truths to be self-evident: All men could be cremated equal."
-Vern Partlow( referring to atomic theory)

"History is the stort trudge from Adam to atom."
-Leonard Levinson

"The significance of man is that he is insignificant and is aware of it."
-Carl Becker

"I keep reading between the lies."
-Goodman Ace (refering to journalism)

"God gave us memory that we might have roses in December."
-James M. Barrie

"It requires a very unusual mind to make an analysis of the obvious."
-Alfred Whitehead

"I do like to see the arms and legs fly."
-George S. Patton III

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
-Albert Einstein (I think he gets it :wink: )

"What the scientists have in their briefcases is terrifying."
-Nikita Khrushchev

Wow, I finally found a use for my quote book.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Marriage is like the military...It's only voluntary until you're in it."
-The Lockhorns.

If you continue on your present course you will likely end up where you are going.

Evil is bad, and good . . . isn't. The Tick :rofl: Cartoon network :rolleyes:

I once heard that the smarter you are, the wrinklier your brain is. The Tick :rofl:

If you really must know - see The Tick! at http://www.thetick.ws/tvheroes.html

Other superheros include American Maid, Baby Boomerangutuang, Bi-Polar Bear, Captian Mucilage, Die Fledermaus, Jet Valkyrie, Johnny Polite, Suffragette

" I die"------------------?

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
If you continue on your present course you will likely end up where you are going.

The " present course" could imply three things.
One) It is the "intention" to walk.
two) walking with a gun behind your head.
three) You are walking with a road map, but for whatever reason, you decide not to look at it.

the "where you are going" do not imply a destination/goal. So, perhaps it must be an action, a continue process.

So a person walks in an endless loop no matter what. Very Zen!

Last edited:
"Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence." --- Abigail Adams

Very appropriate for PF! :cool: :tongue2: :biggrin:

1. How can quotes and proverbs transform my mindset?

Quotes and proverbs can transform your mindset by providing you with new perspectives and insights. They can challenge your existing beliefs and help you see things in a different light. By reading and reflecting on these wise words, you can cultivate a growth mindset and become more open to change and personal growth.

2. Are quotes and proverbs only for personal development?

No, quotes and proverbs can be applied to various aspects of life, including relationships, career, and education. They offer universal truths and wisdom that can be relevant to anyone, regardless of their goals or circumstances. You can use them to inspire and motivate yourself, as well as others, in any area of life.

3. Can quotes and proverbs really have a lasting impact on my mindset?

Yes, quotes and proverbs can have a lasting impact on your mindset if you actively incorporate them into your life. It's not enough to simply read them and move on. You must take the time to reflect on their meaning and relevance to your life, and then try to apply them in your daily thoughts and actions. With consistent practice, they can help shape your mindset and lead to positive changes.

4. How can I find the right quotes and proverbs for me?

There are many ways to find quotes and proverbs that resonate with you. You can read books, browse websites, or follow inspirational accounts on social media. You can also create your own collection by jotting down quotes that speak to you or creating visual reminders, such as posters or sticky notes. Ultimately, the right quotes and proverbs are the ones that speak to your heart and inspire you to take action.

5. Can quotes and proverbs replace professional help for mindset transformation?

No, quotes and proverbs should not be seen as a substitute for professional help. While they can be a valuable tool for personal growth, they should be used in conjunction with other methods, such as therapy or coaching, for a more comprehensive approach to mindset transformation. Additionally, if you are struggling with mental health issues, it's important to seek help from a trained professional.