Did I Witness a Bomb Blast at the Beach?!

• Thread starter Mk
  • Start date
In summary, Evo heard an explosion while walking on the beach, and then saw a mushroom cloud. He works in a building near the explosion, and the ground and air shook. There are now geese in the parking lot and on the sidewalks, and they have been biting people.
Mk
Well, two days ago, I went to the beach. This is the really amazing beach, my favorite in the world. Except the sand is bad, because the beach is geologically new, and because of so much coral. Ow. The sand is not soft.

Anyway, I was walking along the beach, and I heard this HUUGE explosion, while the ground and air shook. I've never heard a bomb go off in my life, and it sounded just like explosions those on TV... except louder, and more stressful. I saw the mushroom cloud go up, not of flame but of vapour, a mile or less away. Ahh, living on the Air Force base is fun isn't it? I hope it was planned.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I wish I was at the ocean. Instead, I'm landlocked and it's raining.

I'm in a cow pasture with buildings and it's snowing. :grumpy:

cow pastures are pretty fun...I guess:uhh:

okay so I lied

Evo said:
I'm in a cow pasture with buildings and it's snowing. :grumpy:
On the bright side, frozen cowpies don't get all over your shoes. Also, you can screw handles on them, clear a patch of ice, and have a curling match. :approve:

Danger said:
On the bright side, frozen cowpies don't get all over your shoes. Also, you can screw handles on them, clear a patch of ice, and have a curling match. :approve:
Unfortunately the cows have been moved down the road, now we have flocks of geese roaming the parking lot and blocking the sidewalks. There's a pond right next to the building I work in. Darn geese will stare you down, and if you don't walk around them they lunge at you, hissing, huge fangs gnashing in the air.

Last edited:
Again with the fangs... :rolleyes:
'knashing', huh? Is that like gnashing, but with beaks instead of teeth?

Evo said:
Unfortunately the cows have been moved down the road, now we have flocks of geese roaming the parking lot and blocking the sidewalks. There's a pond right next to the building I work in. Darn geese will stare you down, and if you don't walk around them they lunge at you, hissing, huge fangs knashing in the air.
You're being way too kind to them, Evo. They don't have fangs, and if they nip at you first, you're allowed to defend yourself. Just don't smack them too hard the first time -- let them learn a gentle lesson the first time. After that, well, you know. :rolleyes:

Danger said:
Again with the fangs... :rolleyes:
'knashing', huh? Is that like gnashing, but with beaks instead of teeth?
Yeah, like knawing. :krumpy:

I forgot to mention that it was less than a mile away.

berkeman said:
You're being way too kind to them, Evo. They don't have fangs, and if they nip at you first, you're allowed to defend yourself. Just don't smack them too hard the first time -- let them learn a gentle lesson the first time. After that, well, you know. :rolleyes:
Oh, don't forget the goose poop, they force you to step into it, they know what they're doing. They're PURE EVIL! Those things bite hard. :frown:

Mk said:
I forgot to mention that it was less than a mile away.
Be quiet, I'm freezing and the nearest beach is over 1,000 miles away. :cry:

Oh, don't forget the goose poop, they force you to step into it, they know what they're doing. They're PURE EVIL! Those things bite hard.
Oh, when I lived in Michigan I lived next to a lake. Lot of geese. Lot of poo. Not much sidewalk.

1. What is the best time to go to the beach?

The best time to go to the beach is typically in the morning or late afternoon when the sun is not as strong and the temperatures are cooler. This also tends to be less crowded and more enjoyable.

2. How can I stay safe at the beach?

To stay safe at the beach, make sure to follow any posted rules and warnings, such as avoiding swimming during high tide or rip currents. It is also important to wear sunscreen, stay hydrated, and be aware of your surroundings.

3. What should I bring to the beach?

Some essential items to bring to the beach include sunscreen, a towel, a hat, sunglasses, water, snacks, and a beach umbrella or tent for shade. It is also a good idea to bring a change of clothes and a plastic bag for any wet items.

4. Is it safe to swim in the ocean?

Swimming in the ocean can be safe, but it is important to be cautious and aware of potential dangers such as strong currents, large waves, and marine life. It is also recommended to swim near a lifeguard and to never swim alone.

5. What are some fun activities to do at the beach?

Some fun activities to do at the beach include swimming, building sandcastles, playing beach games, going for a walk or jog along the shoreline, and relaxing with a book or music. You can also try water sports such as surfing, kayaking, or paddleboarding if available.