Quantum Mechanics Video Lectures: Find Help and Resources for Beginners

• Thread starter Sadabat
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mechanics
In summary, the conversation discusses the need for video lectures for quantum mechanics and the availability of websites that offer them. The speaker suggests the physicsstream.ucsd.edu website, but mentions that they are unable to watch the lectures due to slow internet speed. They also mention the ocw.mit.edu website, which unfortunately does not have video lectures for quantum mechanics yet. However, the speaker notes that MIT does have lecture notes and problem sets for 8.04, which could still be helpful for learning the subject.
Sadabat
My friends I have just started learning quantum mechanics and i need video lectures do you know any website there i can download video lectures.

I also found a website which has video lectures for quantum mechanics but it is not possible for me to watch video lectures because my speed of internet is not quick enoug , the movies are in quick time format. What do you suggest is there any way still please help me the website link is below

physicsstream.ucsd.edu/courses/spring2003/physics130a/

Physics news on Phys.org
try ocw.mit.edu

unfortunatly ocw doesn´t have qm yet hope they release 8.04 someday :)

Mr.Brown said:
unfortunatly ocw doesn´t have qm yet hope they release 8.04 someday :)
I just looked at the page and MIT does have lecture notes and problem sets for 8.04, but as you mentioned, no video lectures. Yet, those notes and problems could be of some help.

1. What is Quantum Mechanics?

Quantum Mechanics is a branch of physics that studies the behavior and interactions of particles on a very small scale, such as atoms and subatomic particles. It describes the fundamental laws that govern the behavior of these particles.

2. Why is Quantum Mechanics important?

Quantum Mechanics plays a crucial role in our understanding of the physical world, as it explains phenomena that classical physics cannot. It also underlies many modern technologies, such as transistors and lasers.

3. What are some key principles of Quantum Mechanics?

Some key principles of Quantum Mechanics include wave-particle duality, uncertainty principle, superposition, and entanglement. These principles describe the behavior of particles on a microscopic level and help us understand the strange and counterintuitive nature of the quantum world.

4. How does Quantum Mechanics differ from classical physics?

Quantum Mechanics differs from classical physics in several ways. It allows for the existence of superposition, where a particle can exist in multiple states simultaneously. It also introduces the concept of probability, as the exact location and behavior of particles cannot be determined with certainty. Additionally, it shows that the act of observation can affect the behavior of particles.

5. How is Quantum Mechanics used in modern technology?

Quantum Mechanics has led to the development of many modern technologies, including transistors, lasers, and MRI machines. It also plays a crucial role in the field of quantum computing, which has the potential to revolutionize the way we process and store information.