Cure Eye Strain from PF Quickly & Easily

• Thread starter EnumaElish
  • Start date
In summary, the person experienced eye strain while browsing the PF website, but found that switching to LCD monitors and adjusting the distance between their eyes and the monitor helped alleviate the issue. They suggest these changes may also help others experiencing eye strain. Another person suggests that the combination of graphics on PF may have triggered the strain, and recommends increasing the refresh rate on CRT monitors to prevent it. The original person thanks them for sharing their experience.
EnumaElish
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
My eyes used to feel very tired after spending a few minutes at the PF, to the point where I had to stop visiting the PF pages. I didn't (and don't) know why that happened with the PF and not with other websites.

Then, I switched to LCD monitors. At the same time, put them much closer to the keyboard (less distance between eyes & monitor). Now the strain is almost entirely gone.

If anyone is reading this with strained, red, dry (alternatively, tearful) eyes, consider making these changes -- what worked for me might also work for you.

Physics news on Phys.org
Only PF? That's strange, but eyestrain is a common problem with CRT monitors that are too low in refresh rate. Perhaps pf's combination of graphics triggered something. In any case, if it ever happens again and you're on a CRT, up the refresh rate from the default of 60.

Thank you for sharing!:smile:

EnumaElish said:
My eyes used to feel very tired after spending a few minutes at the PF, to the point where I had to stop visiting the PF pages. I didn't (and don't) know why that happened with the PF and not with other websites.

Time shrinkage on PF because of its greatness! You think you were browsing PF only for some minutes but in fact it's been for houres!:tongue:

1. How can I tell if I have eye strain from PF?

Eye strain from looking at digital screens, also known as computer vision syndrome, can be identified by symptoms such as eye fatigue, dry or watery eyes, blurred vision, and headaches.

2. What can I do to prevent eye strain from PF?

To prevent eye strain, you can follow the 20-20-20 rule: every 20 minutes, look away from your screen at an object 20 feet away for 20 seconds. You can also adjust the brightness and contrast of your screen, use proper lighting, and take regular breaks.

3. Are there any natural remedies for eye strain from PF?

Yes, there are several natural remedies you can try to alleviate eye strain, such as using lubricating eye drops, practicing eye exercises, and applying a warm compress to your eyes. It's also important to maintain a healthy diet and stay hydrated.

4. Can prescription glasses help with eye strain from PF?

If you have an underlying vision problem, prescription glasses or contacts can help reduce eye strain. It's essential to visit an eye doctor for a comprehensive eye exam to determine if you need corrective lenses.

5. How long does it take to cure eye strain from PF?

The recovery time for eye strain varies depending on the severity of your symptoms and how well you follow preventive measures. With proper rest and eye care, most people can recover from eye strain within a few days to a few weeks.