Is the Tex Tag Problem Finally Fixed?

• Thread starter makc
  • Start date
In summary, a user reported a tex problem that was not fixed yet and asked for an explanation. It was later revealed that the problem was corrected but the user was not notified. The admins advised the user to directly contact them in the future. Another user mentioned that the problem was still not fixed and the original user expressed frustration about not having enough time to fix it. However, it was later confirmed that the problem has been fixed.
makc
About that tex peroblem I have reported earlier, can someone explain why it was not fixed yet? How hard could it be to escape a character?

Physics news on Phys.org
What tex problem?

the reportng thread was hidden for admin eyes only (about a month ago, I think).

makc said:
the reportng thread was hidden for admin eyes only (about a month ago, I think).
I believe the problem was corrected.

We appreciate your help in finding the error, I apologize if no one contacted you to thank you. In the future, please pm the admins or a mentor directly instead of posting here so that immediate action can be taken. :smile:

makc said:
About that tex peroblem I have reported earlier, can someone explain why it was not fixed yet?
Are you saying it's still not fixed? (Oops... looks like you are correct!)

No, *sigh* it's not fixed yet. Thank Stanford for using up every drop of my free time for the last couple of weeks. I will get to it...

- Warren

In exactly 7 days i'll start hijacking sessions and defacing PF. :smile:

this has been fixed!

1. Why is the Tex tag problem not fixed?

The Tex tag problem may not be fixed due to a variety of reasons. It could be because the underlying issue is complex and requires more time and resources to solve. It could also be because the team responsible for fixing the problem is still investigating the cause and working on a solution. Additionally, there could be external factors that are out of the control of the scientists, such as funding or equipment limitations.

2. How long will it take for the Tex tag problem to be fixed?

The time it takes to fix the Tex tag problem depends on the severity and complexity of the issue. It could take a few days, weeks, or even months to find a solution. Scientists need to thoroughly investigate the problem and test potential solutions to ensure they are effective and do not cause any further issues.

3. Can you provide an update on the progress of fixing the Tex tag problem?

Yes, we can provide updates on the progress of fixing the Tex tag problem. However, please keep in mind that finding and implementing a solution takes time and we may not have any new information to share at the moment. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work towards resolving the issue.

4. Is there anything I can do to help fix the Tex tag problem?

As a scientist, your expertise and knowledge in the field may be valuable in finding a solution to the Tex tag problem. If you have any suggestions or ideas, please feel free to share them with us. Additionally, you can support our research by spreading awareness about the issue and advocating for more resources to be allocated towards solving it.

5. Will the Tex tag problem ever be completely fixed?

It is difficult to say for certain if the Tex tag problem will ever be completely fixed. As with any scientific problem, there is always a possibility of new challenges and obstacles arising. However, scientists are constantly working towards finding solutions and improving technologies, so there is hope that the Tex tag problem will eventually be resolved.