General Physics (mobile phones)

In summary: Thread is a term used in various different contexts. In this context, it means a discussion or question. The appropriate procedure to ask a question in a physics forum is to post a question in the physics forum, and then look for an answer to that question.
GAGS
Hi Here Is Gagan.can Anybody Answer My Question Given Below:
1.) Why When We Dial A Mobile No. It Accsess To A Particular Mobile Inspite Of The Fact That Radiations Reaching To All Mobiles Are Same.
In Short What Is That Thing That Actually Differentiate Various No.

Computer science news on Phys.org
re-title and move to one of the tech sub-forums imo...

You make a call, and that call broadcasts to the nearest tower. That tower directs your call through cable to an automated switchboard somewhere which sends it to the other phone. That much I'm pretty certain about.

Speculation: Each phone has a unique identification number which is attached to it's phone number. When that phone is on, it's in constant passive communication with the nearest tower. That tower transmits information to the switchboard saying something like "this phone is within my range; if you receive a call to this phone, please direct it through me".

I don't know if that last part is correct, but is seems reasonable. Hope it helped.

Hello I Actually Unable To Understand This That If Two Friends Are Sitting Together,if Mobile Of One Rings Why The Motherboard Of Other,according To You Should Not Link To Nearest Tower,please Reply
With Regards

Both phones link to the nearest tower, but they have different identification numbers(a phone number or a unique id linked to that phone number). When the tower links up with the phone, it probably uses that identifying number to make it's connection with only that one phone, so even though multiple phones are using the same frequency, they have unique identifiers that keep them from eavesdropping on each other.

EDIT: looks like most of my conjecture was right, but you can get a lot more info from wikipedia. Search wikipedia for "Mobile Phones", and look at the "Cellular Systems" subsection. That looks like it'll have everything you need.

Last edited:
Most Humble Thanks To You Sir/madam.i Hope We Will Have Great Interaction In Future.
With Regards

One Last Question To Disturb You ,what Is Meaning By The Word "thread" You Are Using.its Mean Question Or Any Other Meaning.and Whats The Appropriate Procedure To Ask Question Through Physics Forum.
With Regards

1. How do mobile phones work?

Mobile phones use radio waves to communicate with cellular towers. When a user makes a call or sends a text, the phone converts the sound or text into digital information and transmits it through the air to the nearest tower. The tower then relays the information to the recipient's phone through a series of connections, allowing for communication between devices.

2. Why do mobile phones need to be charged?

Mobile phones need to be charged because they use a battery as their power source. The battery stores energy that is used to power the phone's functions, such as making calls, sending texts, and connecting to the internet. As the battery is used, it gradually loses its stored energy and needs to be recharged to continue functioning.

3. How do mobile phones connect to the internet?

Mobile phones can connect to the internet through various methods, such as Wi-Fi, cellular data, or Bluetooth. Wi-Fi allows the phone to connect to a wireless network and access the internet. Cellular data uses the phone's connection to a cellular network to access the internet. Bluetooth can also be used to connect to other devices, such as a computer or tablet, to access the internet.

4. What is the difference between 3G, 4G, and 5G networks?

3G, 4G, and 5G refer to different generations of cellular network technology. 3G, or third generation, provided faster data transfer speeds than its predecessor, 2G. 4G, or fourth generation, further improved data transfer speeds and allowed for more advanced features, such as video calling. 5G, or fifth generation, is the most current and advanced network technology, with even faster data transfer speeds and the potential for new technologies like autonomous vehicles and virtual reality.

5. Are mobile phones safe to use?

There is ongoing debate and research about the safety of mobile phones. Some studies suggest that the radio frequency waves emitted by mobile phones may have potential health risks, while others argue that there is no conclusive evidence of harm. The World Health Organization has classified mobile phone radiation as a possible carcinogen. It is recommended to use hands-free options or limit the amount of time spent on a mobile phone as a precaution.