Will Today Bring Good Luck or Bad Luck with 8-8-8 and NFS PS Freebie?

• Thread starter chrisalviola
  • Start date
In summary: Have to study for that tomorrow.In summary, on 8/8/2008, many events occurred that have significance in the world of numerology.
chrisalviola
8 is suppose to be lucky, i don't know maybe some good or bad things might happen today

Physics news on Phys.org
I expect it will be the eigth day of August, in the year 2008.

The 126th end of the world and the 10th coming of Jesus.

maybe i forgot the 2, 8-8-2008

Wait! Hold on! I'm still stuck on 8-7-08 or 7-8-08 depending on how you look at it. Give me a few hours to catch up. :(

what to expect today?

1) economics exams :grumpy:
2) Olympics
3) I was going to get a 200$ check from my bookstore if I had requested for it before August 6

And it is still 8-7-2008 7:45 PM :grumpy:

We humans order things so we can predict the seasons, floods, etc, and eventually refine them into a system that makes our primitive attempts to define time into something that coincides a little better with the natural system. Then the weirdos attempt to assign significance to the numbers themselves... Pretty scary how gullible "smart" apes can be. This is one seriously off-the-wall numerologist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cyclovenom's birthday!

turbo-1 said:
We humans order things so we can predict the seasons, floods, etc, and eventually refine them into a system that makes our primitive attempts to define time into something that coincides a little better with the natural system. Then the weirdos attempt to assign significance to the numbers themselves... Pretty scary how gullible "smart" apes can be. This is one seriously off-the-wall numerologist.

OMG BURN IT!

"Everything living, i.e. everything has numerical vibrations."

Holy Jesus please make it stop!

Math Is Hard said:
Cyclovenom's birthday!

That reminds me...birthday postings disappeared after the software upgrade. Are they gone for good :frown: ?

No, we're still having birthdays

lisab said:
I expect it will be the eigth day of August, in the year 2008.

In the USA, yes. But remember our discussion yesterday? In Europe 8-8 would mean that it's ... uh ... er, never mind.

All the managers (there are enough here to run a country) get on a modern day Titanic.

Redbelly98 said:
In the USA, yes. But remember our discussion yesterday? In Europe 8-8 would mean that it's ... uh ... er, never mind.

:rofl: I had the same thought! Sigh...we're both dorks.

wolram said:
All the managers (there are enough here to run a country) get on a modern day Titanic.

. . . where the crew are all heavy blow-it-in-your-face chain-smokers :biggrin:

WarPhalange said:
Wait! Hold on! I'm still stuck on 8-7-08 or 7-8-08 depending on how you look at it. Give me a few hours to catch up. :(

:rofl: Me too! At first I thought I had been writing the wrong date on things all day today! :rolleyes:

08-08-2008 is the date where I can possibly get a job at EA games.

If yesterday, the day before that, and every day that there has ever been is any guide, I expect today will be extraordinary. Here are a few things that happened on 8/8/'08 in the past.

8/8/1908 - Wilbur Wright makes his first flight at a racecourse at Le Mans, France. It's the Wright Brothers' first public flight and the French public goes wild. (I guess it was Orville doing all the flying before that and always in private. Probably it doesn't take much to make the French go wild.)

8/8/1808 - Fleming Cobbs sold 260 acres of land on Davis Creek in Augusta County, VA to Zachariah F. Estill. Estill subsequently built a grist mill and a sawmill on the land. (Some sawmills continue to exist to this very day 8/8/2008, but I can't find out if Estill's still does)
Also, James Shaw, a member of the Texas Republic House of Representatives and of its Senate, was born on that day.

8/8/1708 - Philippe II d'Orleans wrote a letter of congratulations to Antoine Coypel as a result of which, the Duc d'Antin choose Coypel to paint the ceiling of his nave.

8/8/1608 - During his second voyage of exploration of the Chesapeake Bay, John Smith left Tockwogh village and headed down the bay where flood tides slowed his barge.

8/8/1508 - The first settlement on the island of Caparra was established by Juan Ponce de Leon.

Have a nice day.:smile:

chrisalviola said:
8 is suppose to be lucky, i don't know maybe some good or bad things might happen today

Where did you come up with 8 being a lucky number? I've heard of 13 being bad luck and 7 being good luck and 69 being really good luck, but 8?

tribdog said:
Where did you come up with 8 being a lucky number? I've heard of 13 being bad luck and 7 being good luck and 69 being really good luck, but 8?
Eight is the next luckiest number after seven.

8 is a lucky number in China. I suppose that's why the olympics opened today.

Meh, my birthday in 8 days...not much else on my mind. I suppose my Pre Ap English 10 summer project, the New Mexico heat, and the fact that a friend isn't feeling well today.

Math Is Hard said:
Cyclovenom's birthday!

Thanks MIH!, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! 08/08/08!

tribdog said:

Yes, it's called "different cultures". In Japan, for example, 4 is unlucky because the word for 4 is also the word for death.

It's interesting how when in I was in elementary school I always got the book with the # 8 or 9. It was always those numbers, no matter what class I was put in, with no regard for the number of people in the class.

~christina~ said:
It's interesting how when in I was in elementary school I always got the book with the # 8 or 9. It was always those numbers, no matter what class I was put in, with no regard for the number of people in the class.

Do you know why? I was going to make a dumb joke about page numbers and most books having an 8 or a 9, but then I realized the truth. You got books with an 8 or a 9 because you got used books and kids like to scribble on things. books that had the numbers 1,4, or 7 were altered to 9s and 2,3,5 or 6 became 8s.

Christina, depending upon the way the school district worked, it may not have been a coincidence, and may have had to do with your school ID, etc.

08.08.08 let's see...
Olympic games can happen... war can happen... Crazy enough? http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/08/08/georgia.ossetia/index.html

lucky day

got the job :)

BryanP said:
lucky day

got the job :)

Congratulations. EA you said?

Yes indeed, EA! Listen, hook me up with a copy of Warhammer please. Thanks!

Congrats!

Jordan Joab said:
Congratulations. EA you said?

Yes indeed, EA! Listen, hook me up with a copy of Warhammer please. Thanks!

Yep, EA.

Heh, got NFS PS today too for free.

Thanks for the congrats!

BryanP said:
Yep, EA.

Heh, got NFS PS today too for free.

Thanks for the congrats!

haha wow that's great! 1st day on the job and already scoring some freebies!

1. What does the number 8-8-8 represent?

The number 8-8-8 represents August 8th, 8th month of the year, and the year 2021. It is a specific date in the calendar.

2. Is there any significance to the date 8-8-8?

There is no known significance to the date 8-8-8. It is simply a date in the calendar and holds no special meaning or significance.

3. What can we expect on 8-8-8?

As a scientist, I cannot predict what will happen on a specific date. It is impossible to accurately predict events or outcomes in the future.

4. Is there any scientific or astronomical event happening on 8-8-8?

No, there are no known scientific or astronomical events happening on 8-8-8. It is simply a date in the calendar and holds no special significance in the scientific community.

5. Should we be prepared for anything on 8-8-8?

As a scientist, I cannot advise on being prepared for a specific date. It is always important to be prepared for any unforeseen events, but there is no reason to believe that 8-8-8 holds any special significance or potential danger.