What are good biology/physics-based jobs?

• Physics
  • Thread starter emporia
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jobs
In summary, if you're interested in a biology/physics based job, you may want to consider medical physics. It combines both fields and has high demand and good pay. However, it may require a competitive GPA and test scores to get into a program.
emporia
I'm in my final year of high school and thinking about uni courses I should take but I'm not sure what kinda of job I want at the end of it. So, I'm a bit unsure with uni courses to take.

I would love a biology/physics based job.
I was thinking something in nanotechnology and it's application in biology but I'm not sure if there is such a job and if they are in demand.
Also I'm not sure if it will pay well, not nessecarily hundreds of thousands of dollars but enough so I don't have to live out of a breifcase.

So what do you think I should do?
Any jobs out there that I should look into?

Thanks =D

Physics news on Phys.org
You might want to look into medical physics. It combines physics and biology, there is a large demand for qualified medical physicists now and into the foreseeable future, and the pay is pretty good.

Medical physics sounds ideal for you, but you will need a pretty competitive GPA and test scores to get into a medical physics program.

What types of jobs can I get with a degree in biology/physics?

With a degree in biology, you can pursue careers in areas such as research, healthcare, environmental conservation, education, and biotechnology. With a degree in physics, you can pursue careers in fields such as engineering, astronomy, data analysis, and science education.

What skills are important for biology/physics-based jobs?

Some important skills for biology-based jobs include critical thinking, data analysis, laboratory techniques, and communication. For physics-based jobs, important skills include problem-solving, mathematical proficiency, computer programming, and attention to detail.

What are the job prospects for biology/physics graduates?

The job prospects for biology and physics graduates are generally positive, with many opportunities for employment in various industries. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for biological and medical scientists is projected to grow 5% from 2019 to 2029, and employment for physicists and astronomers is projected to grow 7% during the same time period.

What are some high-paying biology/physics-based jobs?

Some high-paying biology-based jobs include medical scientists, biotechnologists, and environmental scientists. For physics-based jobs, some high-paying careers include engineering physicists, astrophysicists, and data scientists.

Do I need a graduate degree for biology/physics-based jobs?

While a graduate degree may not be required for all biology or physics jobs, it can greatly enhance your job prospects and salary potential. Many research and academic positions in these fields require a graduate degree, and having an advanced degree can also lead to higher-level positions and opportunities for advancement in industry careers.