It's the 21st century, does anyone make a stapler that works?

• Thread starter nottheone
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Works
In summary, this guy found a really cool stapler that doesn't use electricity and is orders of magnitude better than a regular Swingline.
nottheone
I have said that many times. "It's 200x, does anyone make a stapler that actually staples most of the time?" It is something that aggravates the hell out of me. Pulling out failed staples. I have tossed many Swinglines in the garbage after they get below 90%. And since they don't start at 100%, it doesn't take long. A new one might be 96% to 98% at best.

Well no more!

I found a stapler that actually works and it isn't electric. This stapler is orders of magnitude better than a regular Swingline. I have one at home and we now have one at work and neither one has had a failed staple yet. It even uses regular staples and can staple over 20 sheets. This may not seem like a big deal, but this stapler is so cool it actually gets people excited once they use it. It even has a safety so it can't shoot them easily, which we bypassed of course to see how it shoots them and it could be called a dangerous weapon, the shots are virtually invisible it shoots them so fast. :devil:

http://www.paperpro.com/technology/

Physics news on Phys.org
Good find -- after reading your post I bought a PaperPro Prodigy from Amazon. I rarely have anything to staple but I couldn't resist because the technology looked cool. Now I look for things to staple whether they need it or not. Purchased 5 more of them for friends.

nottheone said:
see how it shoots them and it could be called a dangerous weapon, the shots are virtually invisible it shoots them so fast. :devil:
I hope you aren't planning to invade Canada with this weapon of mass destruction.

http://www.vancouversun.com/Technology/Mounties+stapler+rationale+evokes+more+derision+than+sympathy/1354234/story.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Staples sells these - I've been using them for a few years. Basically, it's just the lever action of a staple gun applied to an office stapler.
It even has a safety so it can't shoot them easily, which we bypassed of course to see how it shoots them and it could be called a dangerous weapon, the shots are virtually invisible it shoots them so fast.
Yes, you can use it like a staple gun. The one I used to have at my old job was an older one without a safety and you could just unfold it and squeeze it and shoot staples at your cowor...er, across the room at inanimate objects.

mgb_phys said:
I hope you aren't planning to invade Canada with this weapon of mass destruction.

:rofl:

1. Can a stapler really not work in the 21st century?

Yes, there are still staplers that don't work properly, even in the 21st century. However, there are also many brands and models of staplers that have improved and are much more efficient and reliable.

2. Why are staplers still a problem in the 21st century?

Staplers may still have issues in the 21st century due to various factors such as low-quality materials, poor design, or lack of maintenance. In addition, staplers can also get jammed or misaligned, causing them to not work properly.

3. Are there any modern staplers that are guaranteed to work?

Yes, there are many modern staplers that are designed to work efficiently and consistently. It is important to do some research and read reviews to find a stapler that best fits your needs and has a good track record of working properly.

4. Do we really need staplers in the 21st century?

While technology has advanced and there are now alternatives to staplers, such as electronic document management systems, staplers still serve a purpose in many industries. They are a simple and cost-effective way to securely fasten papers together.

5. How can I ensure my stapler works properly?

To ensure your stapler works properly, make sure to regularly clean it and remove any jammed staples. Also, consider investing in a higher quality stapler that is known for its reliability. Proper usage and maintenance can go a long way in ensuring your stapler works in the 21st century.