Is therte any one who wants to chat about my problems with youngs 2 slit experiment ?

In summary, Kevin is seeking someone to discuss his experiments with Young's experiment involving light and interference patterns. He has tried the experiment with various lasers and noticed interesting results such as faint lines and bands going inward. He has also discovered that the experiment can be done without a lens and has shared videos on YouTube demonstrating the process. He is open to discussing his findings and welcomes others to try the experiment for themselves.
kevinfr0st
is there anyone who wants to chat about it ? iv tried once here and got not 1 reply,
not even the YOU HAVE DONE IT WRONG
please if you think I am wrong say so and have a chat,
youngs experiment was to do with light nothing more right or wrong ?
iv brought over 15 cheap lasers and broke most stripping them down cheapest was £1 laser level from pound shops,but shouldn't be a isue righ or wrong ?
i when i did the experiment and see the banding patterns i thought if you rotate the slit you should get same resolt as i did so it seemed to projuce a set of ever bigger rings not straight lines,
i then relised that you didnt have to shine the laser through the slit to see the patteren just shine laser dot on to wall and look throught ur slit,i then broke a laser and ended up with the spring loaded lens (all iv stripped down so far have a sprung loaded lens,to ajust the focas)removed and then relised that without the lens the experiment didnt work,
i then noticed that if you looked through the slit close to ur eye that you could see faint lines so many and so faint it is to hard to count at least 7,
iv put a video on youtube showing how to make a 2 slit out of a floppy disk if anyone is interested in looking for there selves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf-KDsKJD-U&feature=channel_page
i shined the laser without a lens through a macro mesh filter can get one from grinder or coffie filter and see that you got bands going inward at first it looked as if the mesh patteren was showing up inside every macro square hole in the mesh but it isn't i even shined laser through the eye of a needel and you can dee banding going inwards of the eye not banding going out wards iv got video of that as well the eye of the needel is projected on to my ceeling and looks at least 12 in lengh 8 feet from laser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyNFFv7PmL8&feature=channel_page
i would like some one to chat about this and not have every one just read it thanks kev

Physics news on Phys.org

Hello kevinfrOst.Another way to make the slits is get a small piece of, glass or something similar(a microscope slide would be ideal),paint it black and then using a very sharp blade make your two slits by scraping off the paint.If you so wished you could extend this to investigate three slits ,four slits etc.It is true that Youngs experiment was originally to do with light but interference and diffraction are properties displayed by all waves

it is always exciting to hear about others' experiences and experiments. It sounds like you have put a lot of time and effort into your experiments with the Young's two-slit experiment, and it is great that you are willing to share your results and thoughts with others.

I am not familiar with the specifics of your experiment, but I would be happy to chat with you about it and offer any insights or thoughts I may have. It is possible that your results are due to experimental error or limitations, and it would be helpful to discuss your methods and observations in more detail. Additionally, it may be beneficial to consult with other scientists or experts in the field to get their perspective on your findings.

The Young's two-slit experiment is a fundamental experiment in optics, and there is always more to learn and discover about it. Keep exploring and sharing your results, and don't be discouraged if you do not receive immediate responses. Science is a collaborative field, and it may take time to find someone who is interested and knowledgeable in your specific experiment. Thank you for sharing your work and keep up the curiosity and passion for science!

1. What is the Young's 2 slit experiment?

The Young's 2 slit experiment is a physics experiment that demonstrates the wave-like nature of light. It involves shining a beam of light through two narrow slits and observing the resulting interference pattern on a screen.

2. How does the Young's 2 slit experiment work?

In the experiment, a beam of light is directed through two narrow slits onto a screen. The light passing through the slits diffracts and creates an interference pattern on the screen. This pattern is caused by the wave-like behavior of light, where the crests and troughs of the waves interfere with each other.

3. What is the significance of the Young's 2 slit experiment?

The Young's 2 slit experiment is significant because it provided evidence for the wave theory of light and helped to disprove the particle theory of light. It also laid the foundation for the development of quantum mechanics and our understanding of the nature of light.

4. Are there any applications of the Young's 2 slit experiment?

Yes, the Young's 2 slit experiment has many practical applications. It is used in the development of optical devices such as cameras, telescopes, and microscopes. It is also used in the field of quantum mechanics and in studying the properties of light.

5. What are some common misconceptions about the Young's 2 slit experiment?

One common misconception is that the experiment only works with light. In reality, it can also be done with other types of waves, such as sound waves and water waves. Another misconception is that the interference pattern is caused by the slits themselves, when in fact it is caused by the diffraction of the waves passing through the slits.