Casio calculator that's similar to TI-89

In summary, the conversation discusses the similarities between Casio and Ti-89 calculators and asks for recommendations for a Casio calculator suitable for an engineering student. One suggestion is the Casio FX-9860G, while another person recommends the ClassPad330 for its ease of use and functionality for engineering students.
caramello
Hi all,

I've been wondering if there is any casio calculator that's similar to Ti-89? This is because I've been using casio calculators all my life and I've tried using Ti but I'm not used to it at all. If there is such casio calculator, do you know what's the difference between both of them (such as its pros and cons)? and which one is better for an engineering student (I'm in electrical engineering major)?

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks!

Computer science news on Phys.org
I had the same problem, I got the ClassPad330, it was extremely easy to use and does every thing Need it to, I'm also an engineering student

1. How is the Casio calculator similar to the TI-89?

The Casio calculator and TI-89 have similar features such as graphing capabilities, solving equations, and performing statistical calculations. They also have a similar layout and display screen.

2. Can the Casio calculator perform all of the functions of the TI-89?

While the Casio calculator has many similar functions to the TI-89, it may not have all of the same functions. It is important to check the specific model and its features to determine if it has the desired functions.

3. Is the Casio calculator easier to use than the TI-89?

The ease of use of a calculator can vary depending on personal preference and familiarity. However, both the Casio calculator and TI-89 have user-friendly interfaces and can be easily navigated with practice.

4. Does the Casio calculator have a lower price than the TI-89?

The price of a Casio calculator may vary depending on the model and features, but in general, Casio calculators tend to be more affordable than the TI-89.

5. Can the Casio calculator be a suitable replacement for the TI-89 in a classroom setting?

The suitability of a calculator for a classroom setting may depend on the specific requirements and preferences of the teacher. However, the Casio calculator has many similar functions and features as the TI-89 and can be a suitable alternative for classroom use.