Talk Math: Math Forum for Purely Mathematical Discussions

• Mathematica
  • Thread starter Imparcticle
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mathematical
In summary, there is a cool math forum called talkmath.com/mathforum/ that some users feel should be given a chance to thrive, though they still believe physicsforums is the best science discussion site. The most users ever online at talkmath was 5, while the most users ever online at physicsforums was 1264. Despite this, some users are skeptical about the activity level on talkmath. There is talk of a party and possibly Evo's daughter attending.
Imparcticle
There's a cool math forum here www.talkmath.com/mathforum/[/URL]

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to send people away from physicsforums. I just felt that these guys should at least have a chance for getting their forums running. Of course, physicsforums will still remain the best, the only science discussion site ever. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
traitor! :rofl:

Most users ever online was 5 on Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:24 am

LoL. Doesn't seem like a happening place. :rofl:
Nah, I think PF is much better.

And for PF:
Most users ever online was 1264, 05-14-2004 at 11:26 AM

That's a scary thought... :bugeye:

1264 registered users online :

When are we making a party ! :cool:

humanino said:
When are we making a party ! :cool:

Will Evo's daughter be there? :biggrin:

1. What is "Talk Math"?

"Talk Math" is a math forum designed for purely mathematical discussions. It is a platform for mathematicians, students, and enthusiasts to engage in conversations about various mathematical topics and share their knowledge and insights with others.

2. Is "Talk Math" for everyone or only for experts in mathematics?

"Talk Math" is open to everyone who is interested in discussing and learning about mathematics. While there may be discussions at a higher level, all participants are encouraged to ask questions and share their thoughts and ideas, regardless of their level of expertise.

3. How can I participate in "Talk Math" discussions?

To participate in "Talk Math" discussions, simply create an account on the forum's website and start exploring the different threads and topics. You can also start your own discussion or join existing ones by commenting and replying to other users' posts.

4. Can I post my own mathematical problems on "Talk Math"?

Yes, you can post your own mathematical problems on "Talk Math" and ask for help or solutions from other users. However, it is important to follow the forum's guidelines and ensure that your problem is appropriate for the forum's audience.

5. Are there any rules or guidelines for posting on "Talk Math"?

"Talk Math" has a set of community guidelines that all users are expected to follow. These guidelines include being respectful and courteous to others, staying on topic, and avoiding spam or irrelevant content. It is recommended to read and understand these guidelines before participating in discussions on the forum.