What's your honeymoon hotspot?

• Thread starter jtbell
  • Start date
In summary, the author went on a variety of honeymoon trips, some of which were more enjoyable than others. They would have liked to have gone to Paris, but it was too expensive. They went to Cancun and Jamaica, and loved both. They also went camping in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and saw the Northern Lights.
jtbell
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
One of these ten, or someplace else?

10 top honeymoon hotspots

From that list, the one my wife and I would have gone for is Paris, but that wasn't practical because of the cost (we were buying a house at the time). We took a cheaper option: after getting married in Vermont, we drove up to Montreal for a few days.

Physics news on Phys.org
"exceptional views along the river Sienne"? Pardon? Americains?? [shrug]Pfffft![/shrug].

What's the point of a honeymoon?

I have been to number 7 Santorini, pretty whitewashed buildings built on top of an old volcano, I don't remember a lot about it

Tahiti :biggrin:
[PLAIN]http://www.gateholidays.com/upload/3%20Days%20Easy%20Tahiti_1211868552.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I went to Ireland for our honeymoon. Drove around staying in Bed & Breakfasts. Lots of fun.

We went to Jamaica. The top two we were deciding between were St. Lucia and Jamaica.

I really like Jamaica also. All inclusive rocks!

I went camping along the shores of Lake Superior. Had a special showing of the Northern Lights, wolfs serenading in the background. It was really great!

jtbell said:
One of these ten, or someplace else?

10 top honeymoon hotspots

From that list, the one my wife and I would have gone for is Paris, but that wasn't practical because of the cost (we were buying a house at the time). We took a cheaper option: after getting married in Vermont, we drove up to Montreal for a few days.
We've been to four of those but, Cancun must be our favorite. We're going back for the 6th time next month. We would like to go to Tahiti but, we can't stand the thought of paying $3500 just for coach airfare.
hypatia said:
I went camping along the shores of Lake Superior. Had a special showing of the Northern Lights, wolfs serenading in the background. It was really great!
I saw orange Northern Lights during the day in the Upper Peninsula once. Must have been one heck of a solar storm going on that day. Didn't get serenaded by wolfs but I did see thundersnow.

BobG said:

If the point is to lay naked in the sand together, I think 80% of the list works (I think Barcelona and Paris are out).

I haven't had any honeymoon yet neither I can imagine one no matter how much I stretch my mind :rofl:.

BobG said:
:rofl:

I haven't had one either lol but I would love to go to Tahiti :D

HeLiXe said:
Tahiti :biggrin:
[PLAIN]http://www.gateholidays.com/upload/3%20Days%20Easy%20Tahiti_1211868552.jpg[/QUOTE] [Broken]

Ditto. Bora Bora, baby! :approve:

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the most popular honeymoon destination?

The most popular honeymoon destination varies depending on the year and trends, but some of the top locations include the Maldives, Hawaii, Bora Bora, Bali, and Italy.

2. What factors should I consider when choosing a honeymoon hotspot?

Some factors to consider when choosing a honeymoon hotspot include budget, weather, activities, and desired level of relaxation or adventure.

3. Are there any unique or lesser-known honeymoon destinations?

Yes, there are many unique and lesser-known honeymoon destinations such as Iceland, Croatia, Morocco, and Thailand. These locations offer a different experience and may be less crowded than popular honeymoon spots.

4. Is it better to book a honeymoon package or plan our own trip?

This depends on personal preference and budget. Honeymoon packages can offer convenience and savings, but planning your own trip allows for more flexibility and customization.

5. When is the best time to go on a honeymoon?

The best time to go on a honeymoon depends on the location and your preferences. It's important to research the weather and peak season of your desired destination to ensure the best experience. In general, honeymooners tend to travel during the spring and summer months.