What It's Like Being a Physics Tutor: An Inside Look

In summary, the physics tutor at the university complained about how some students do not put in the effort to remember what they have learned, and how they are then called "mean" when they inform the student that they should have remembered this and should put in the effort to re-learn what they have forgotten.
Reading Jack21222's #1, I get two impressions: (1) Jack21222 was too nice to the student, and did too much of the work for her. (2) It's a no-win situation, because the student's Physics 1 teacher didn't have appropriate standards and let her slip through with a C that should have been an F. That kicks the can down the road to the Physics 2 teacher, whose responsibility is now to fail the student so that she can get the message and change to a more appropriate major (or get the message that college is not really for her, if this is evidence of a broader problem).

Science news on Phys.org
Ben crowell I heard about you, everyone says you are gnarly as a teacher. I'm doing physics 221 at cypress though next semester