How can I receive email notifications for administrator warnings?

• Thread starter PatrickPowers
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses how to receive notifications for warnings from the administrator through email instead of having to constantly check the mailbox. It is suggested to enable email notifications for new private messages in the account settings.
PatrickPowers
When changing my account settings I recently stumbled over two warnings from the administrator. I get very few warnings so I don't want to check my mailbox every day. Is there any way to know that I have these messages without checking the mailbox?

To me it would make more sense to have those warnings emailed to me, where I would notice them.

Physics news on Phys.org
You need to read these warnings.

The first was to explain what you were doing wrong and how to fix it.

The second was a warning because you hadn't fixed it.

You will see notification at the top right hand corner of the page as "Your notifications"

Evo said:
You need to read these warnings.

The first was to explain what you were doing wrong and how to fix it.

The second was a warning because you hadn't fixed it.

You will see notification at the top right hand corner of the page as "Your notifications"

I don't see "Your notifications" but I do see "Private Messages," so it appears that will tell me when I have a message.

It wil change from "Private Messages" to "Your notifications" if there is something such as a new private message that you haven't read yet. It will change back to "Private Messages" once you have opened it.

PatrickPowers said:
To me it would make more sense to have those warnings emailed to me, where I would notice them.

Go to your profile (My PF link in the upper left corner), select Edit Options from Settings & Options, tick Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages. You may have to tick Enable Private Messaging too. Then click on Save Changes. If you want to be sure it worked PM me and I will answer (no, it won't be another warning, just a friendly "hi" :biggrin:).

What is a "Warning from administrator" message?

A "Warning from administrator" message is a notification sent by an administrator to inform users about a potential issue or rule violation. It is typically displayed as a pop-up or email and contains important information that users need to be aware of.

Why did I receive a "Warning from administrator" message?

There are several reasons why you may have received a "Warning from administrator" message. It could be to notify you of a policy change, remind you of a rule, or inform you of a potential security threat. It is important to read the message carefully and follow any instructions provided.

What should I do if I receive a "Warning from administrator" message?

If you receive a "Warning from administrator" message, it is important to read it carefully and follow any instructions provided. If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach out to the administrator for clarification. It is important to take the message seriously and comply with any guidelines or rules mentioned.

Can I ignore a "Warning from administrator" message?

No, it is not recommended to ignore a "Warning from administrator" message. These messages are sent for a reason and it is important to read and follow the instructions provided. Ignoring the message could result in consequences such as account suspension or loss of privileges.

How can I avoid receiving "Warning from administrator" messages?

To avoid receiving "Warning from administrator" messages, it is important to follow the rules and guidelines set by the administrator. Make sure to read any policy updates or reminders sent by the administrator and adhere to them. It is also important to maintain good communication with the administrator and address any concerns or questions you may have.