Not for SALE in the United States

• Thread starter EternityMech
  • Start date
  • Tags
    States
In summary, the difference between American and European versions of books with the same content is most likely due to licensing regulations. This was previously discussed in 2008 and involves copyright and trade law as well as licensing agreements. Legal action may be taken against publishers who violate these regulations.
EternityMech
so all my american books have that label (i live in Europe) what content could possible be different between these two versions, i know you use the metric system for science just like us...is it that you keep all the juicy secrets in the us version??

Physics news on Phys.org
The difference is probably in licensing regulations, one confroms to US licensing regulations while the other (european version) might not need to.

This same topic was brought up in 2008 as well: https://www.physicsforums.com/archive/index.php/t-249155.html

Astronuc said:
Textbooks are copyrighted material, and foreign publishers selling products in the US or North American would be in violation of copyright/trade law (if textbooks are pirated) or licensing agreements (if their license agreement expressly forbids such activity). Legal action is at the discretion of the seller and authorities.

What does "Not for SALE in the United States" mean?

"Not for SALE in the United States" is a label that indicates the product is not intended to be sold or distributed in the United States. This could be due to various reasons such as legal restrictions, product safety concerns, or marketing strategies.

Why would a product not be for sale in the United States?

There are several reasons why a product may not be for sale in the United States. Some common reasons include not meeting safety or quality standards required by the US government, not being approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), or not having the necessary licenses or permits to be sold in the country.

Can I still purchase a product labeled "Not for SALE in the United States"?

No, if a product is labeled "Not for SALE in the United States", it should not be purchased or distributed within the country. This is to ensure the safety and legality of the product and to comply with any regulations set by the government.

Do other countries have similar labels for products?

Yes, other countries may have similar labels for products that are not intended to be sold or distributed within their borders. These labels may vary in wording and design, but they serve the same purpose of informing consumers about the product's availability.

What should I do if I come across a product labeled "Not for SALE in the United States" being sold in the country?

If you see a product labeled "Not for SALE in the United States" being sold in the country, you can report it to the appropriate authorities such as the FDA or the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). This helps to ensure the product is safe and legal for consumption and that companies are following regulations and laws set by the government.