Are Ad.Turn.com Delays Affecting Your Web Browsing Experience?

• Thread starter Nugatory
  • Start date
In summary, during mid and late afternoon on the US east coast, there were delays of tens of seconds in loading pages due to trouble connecting to "ad.turn.com". However, others were able to ping the site with a quick response time and pages loaded quickly. The person speaking has since dropped the advertising company, which should improve speeds. They express gratitude and wonder if there were other reasons for making this change besides their own complaints.
Nugatory
Mentor
Mid and late afternoon, US east coast.
Delays of tens of seconds showing pages, waiting for "ad.turn.com"

Are others seeing this is or is it just that my ISP is having trouble talking to ad.turn.com?

Physics news on Phys.org
I can ping "ad.turn.com" with 28ms, and pages load quickly.

You'll be happy to know I have dropped that advertising company. Speeds should be improved.

Greg Bernhardt said:
You'll be happy to know I have dropped that advertising company. Speeds should be improved.

Thank you thank you thank you.
(and I presume that you had more reason to do this than just my anecdotal whining?)

Nugatory said:
Thank you thank you thank you.
(and I presume that you had more reason to do this than just my anecdotal whining?)

You are downplaying your prominence here :)

If you are having problems, it's likely many more are too but remain silent.

1. Why is my PF (power factor) slow?

There are several possible reasons for a slow PF, including improperly sized equipment, lack of maintenance, and poor power quality. It is important to address these issues to improve your PF and ensure efficient energy usage.

2. How does a slow PF affect my energy usage?

A slow PF can result in higher energy bills, as it means that your electrical system is using more power than necessary to operate. This can also cause equipment to overheat and wear out faster, leading to costly repairs and replacements.

3. Can I improve my PF without replacing equipment?

Yes, there are several ways to improve your PF without replacing equipment. These include correcting any power quality issues, using capacitors to correct imbalances, and implementing energy-efficient practices such as turning off unused equipment.

4. How do I measure my PF?

PF is measured using a device called a power factor meter. This meter calculates the ratio of real power (kW) to apparent power (kVA). A value of 1 indicates a perfect PF, while a value less than 1 indicates a slow PF.

5. Is a slow PF a safety hazard?

A slow PF itself is not a safety hazard, but it can contribute to other safety concerns such as equipment overheating and electrical fires. It is important to address and correct a slow PF to ensure the safety and efficiency of your electrical system.